• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

cannondale moto 4 with a downhillish build.

cmoto1.jpg
:thumbup Nice

That said, folks, gimme a shout before you buy new. The garage is filling up again and I have some VERY NICE equipment for sale. Everything from 4 - 8+ inches of travel. :teeth
Full bikes, builds, and almost all parts that you might be interested in. :thumbup

I'm dyin' for a FR bike right now but I'm broke:cry

I've got an '07 Sunday Frame and a fully built '09 Trek Remedy 8, '09 Heckler frame, '08 fully built Slayer SXC 70.... hint hint...

I have a 5.5" trailbike right now.
Been wanting a "Tank" for some freeride and a little downhill...The Iron Horse would be sweet as well as the slayer but...I'm broke.:(
Been trying to sell my Quadangle for a while to at least try and get a frame but so far not so good.
Selling my street bike also to help fund the cause.. I'd rather MTB and ride the track than ride the street:)

Last edited:
I have a 5.5" trailbike right now.
Been wanting a "Tank" for some freeride and a little downhill...The Iron Horse would be sweet as well as the slayer but...I'm broke.:(
Been trying to sell my Quadangle for a while to at least try and get a frame but so far not so good.
Selling my street bike also to help fund the cause.. I'd rather MTB and ride the track than ride the street:)

how tall are you?

Only AM/FR type bike/frame I would have to fit you would be the Slayer SXC 70 or a large Heckler. Either of which with the right build could be a great bike for accomplishing what ever you want to conquer with it.

That said, I put a 2008 Rock Shox Boxxer Race (spring replaced with World Cup air cartridge) on a 2008 Reign xo (6.7inch travel) and a DHX 5 and that thing was a monster.

Only AM/FR type bike/frame I would have to fit you would be the Slayer SXC 70 or a large Heckler. Either of which with the right build could be a great bike for accomplishing what ever you want to conquer with it.

That said, I put a 2008 Rock Shox Boxxer Race (spring replaced with World Cup air cartridge) on a 2008 Reign xo (6.7inch travel) and a DHX 5 and that thing was a monster.

Maybe I'll hit you up when I get some cash..Slayer sounds interesting..Saw one yesterday at a shop..Very nice..How well do the CF seat stays hold up?
When I was racing BMX I was real hard on frames which landed me on the Quad..I'm sure I havn't gained much if any "finesse" in my old age(only weight:laughing) which is why I ask.

Last edited:
That would be impressive. And super cool. Requires lots of special tools/holding jigs/shock dynometer and a nitrogen charging system. Would be happy to keep it local if possible.

Sonny,
Did theRP23 come as the stock shock on your bike?
Have you been able to get full travel out of it without running 35-40% sag.

I have mine set up fairly plush(17mm of sag), but the bike never produces more than 40mm of shock stroke no matter how hard I hit it. I'm talkin' 10mph manual into a curb that almost pinch flats the rear tire doesn't produce more than 40mm of travel.

I got tired of riding around on 4.4" of travel on a 5.5" bike so I started looking at options. The RP23 XV with a custom tune seems to be the most common solution on the MTBR Intense forum, but many are running Manitou Evolver 6 and a few other things.
The RP23 XV was a easy find, but I'm open to any other optons/solutions.
OPEN, I get full travel at Annadale and JMP (no big drops), never really tried with PP on 2, or 3. Sag is about 15-17mm.
This bike is better run open IMHO, lockouts and PP are for climbs only and since I forget to turn them off sometimes, I run them open. You work harder climbing but you wont ruin a good descent. Mine is also valved medium.

If anyone has a fairly small mountain bike or frame and needs some street or dirt moto gear or parts, mebbe we can make a trade? I want to dip my toe in.

If anyone has a fairly small mountain bike or frame and needs some street or dirt moto gear or parts, mebbe we can make a trade? I want to dip my toe in.
I've got a fairly inexpensive, "dip your toe in" ;) XC/AM kinda bike in size small but not really looking for any trades. Cash is king .... Unless you can get me a cute girlfriend, ... Then we could talk. :teeth x 10

But Seriously, 2006 Giant Faith 3 (6 inch travel)with a Manitou Swinger 3-way shock, and a Manitou Nixon 145 comp, fork. The rest of the build could be your decision but I could definitely put you together a real nice working bike for under $800. And I'll let you try it and make sure you like it as well as guaranteeing everything to be in perfect working order. (Such a deal!!!!) :thumbup
Oh, and if you really like it but can't afford it, for a small deposit I could hang onto it for a few months.

I picked up a older Kona Hardtail today. Mostly XTR. will be looking to upgrade forks etc soon.

I gotz Forkz :teeth

Anything mid level with a 8 inch long steer tube?

this is mostly going to be a street / Light XC bike until I get back in shape. Has slicks on it for now. Have a set of 2.1 DH tires I might try to fit on it.

Anything mid level with a 8 inch long steer tube?

this is mostly going to be a street / Light XC bike until I get back in shape. Has slicks on it for now. Have a set of 2.1 DH tires I might try to fit on it.
How much travel you want?

Back