• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Even Harley's lowside on Mulholland Drive.

Needed a steel shoe, and a little more throttle. Kick out the rear and set up for a proper high side:rofl

After seeing the videos of Mulholland Drive I have no desire to go their.

much like the nice roads around here, it's nice if you can get to it on a week day.

weekend: no thanks, i'll cruise el camino. it's safer

I've considered hanging out there with a truck and offering folks cash money for their crashed bikes.

Most mods on streetbikes are pointless. What do we change? Turn signals, exhaust, fender eliminators, mirrors, windscreens, maybe add some "sponsor decals" and "race numbers"? Yeah.

I don't put any of that bullcrap on my bike :laughing

He didn't give up. His foot got too much grip when he tried to "slide" it & that upset the suspension. That sent him down.

I thought it was just a sudden change in camber that caught the undercarriage. Anyway, the point of what I was saying is that if you are scraping you might wanna let up. It's Mulholland, not a racetrack :p

Last edited:
much like the nice roads around here, it's nice if you can get to it on a week day.

weekend: no thanks, i'll cruise el camino. it's safer

So true, after I retired I find my self riding on weekdays and staying home on the weekends.

Alright, he smashed up his Harley but he walked away from the wreckage like a BOSS.

+1

YM-credit-rating-c_1006023c.jpg

Last edited:
Least he kept with it. Not like that noob on the snake that stood it up and drove straight into a Vette. Plus the guy crashed like a BOSS!

Agree, unlike 99% of the sportbikes that crash up there, at least the dude didnt give up on the turn lol.

Most mods on streetbikes are pointless. What do we change? Turn signals, exhaust, fender eliminators, mirrors, windscreens, maybe add some "sponsor decals" and "race numbers"? Yeah.

He didn't give up. His foot got too much grip when he tried to "slide" it & that upset the suspension. That sent him down.

Keep your reason out of this thread. Harleys suck.

He did try to stick with it. And, he did crash like a boss!

Man, I bet his foot is really fucked up and I'll bet he feels it.

he walked away from it like a boss...no doubt about that...

but after the adrenaline wears off...especially the next morning- he'll be sore as fuck & likely has a rashed up knee/leg & palms.

What "we", kimosabe? You somehow missed the important bits, like fork mods, rear shock swaps, brake pad upgrades, brake line upgrades and so on. :|

He did walk away like a boss,i just watched a few youtube vids of crashes where is Mulholland Drive so i know to stay away from it:twofinger

Its in the Santa Monica Mountains. Dont worry, you wont accidentally "be there". :thumbup

Otherwise, its a great area to ride. I make a trip there annually in May or June just to ride the Hills above Malibu! :teeth It is a great time. Anyone interested next year?

Miguel

Attachments

• WJM_0106_Crop.jpg
    WJM_0106_Crop.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 12
Back