• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Fatal MC Crash 580W Livermore 6/13/24

J-Boat

Exceptional Specimen
Moto(s)
'12 Super Tenere'
'23 XR650L
Name
Boat
Fatal motorcycle accident on 580 Wesbound in Livermore near Isabel. I guess the rider was splitting lanes and clipped a pickup truck and went down in a very bad spot…RIP Rider…😥 After watching the KTVU video in the link, it appears to be a naked black sportbike. Possibly a Yamaha MT03 variation...?

Be careful out there when splitting lanes peeps…

Attachments

• IMG_7223.jpeg
    IMG_7223.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
🥀

rest in peace, rider. my condolences to their loved ones.

Sad to see.

:rip Rider

Condolonces to those expecting to see them laugh again. :rose

Damn, RIP.

As a less than one year rider, lane splitting still befuddles me. With the way drivers are driving these days, I dont see either option as a safe option. I've had close calls waiting in line as well as splitting. And I dont know if it just Chico or what, but half the time, people want to race me if I'm up front. I have been riding my bikes almost every day since I started, but now I'm starting to take my cage if I'm going into any area with population density.

RIP rider. So sad.

Saw that on the news this morning with the usual “rider was going between traffic and speeding”....followed unironically with an interview with CHP saying they’re investigating. Never hear “rider was riding to work” or “distracted driver merged into the rider”. *sigh*

RIP rider, sounds like a horrific incident for not just them but the truck driver that may have hit him after the initial impact.

Saw that on the news this morning with the usual “rider was going between traffic and speeding”....followed unironically with an interview with CHP saying they’re investigating. Never hear “rider was riding to work” or “distracted driver merged into the rider”. *sigh*
In this case, the news is reporting what the CHP incident page also said.

In this case, the news is reporting what the CHP incident page also said.
Yeah but the incident page is “here’s what callers told us” and as riders we know that many drivers inherently think “riding between vehicles” is reckless and “flew past me” when it could be entirely within lane sharing guidelines. I’m being sensitive but the news reporter implied that the rider was being reckless which we simply don’t know and even so it doesn’t merit this result.

Just made me sad to see the bike laying in the road and thinking of how people will be impacted forever in that moment.

Back