• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

1) thanks for the correct usage of albeit

2) thanks for taking care of the rider

:applause

Bike completely lost power while riding, so something seems to be wrong with the charging system (new battery last week after I needed to jump it).
Called AAA at 4, but three hours later, still no ETA on availability of a tow truck.

If anyone's willing to make that drive, I'll cover RT gas costs.

My bike is on SB divisidero two blocks south of geary in SF.
Downside, trying to get it back home to Rio vista (east of Fairfield, ~65mi from here)

Will update if anything changes.

Carlos, 614 423 9833.

Well, almost on queue, the moment I posted -- an actual tow truck driver called (aka not AAA dispatch) saying I'm number 2 in queue and should be taken care of in about 45-60 minutes.

So as of right now. I feel that I am good.

Should have tried posting sooner.

Thanks all. :3

So the magic of BARF works yet again- all ya gotta do is post up asking for help... and voila! :laughing

Good speaking with you, Carlos, and if the tow truck driver is a no-show, shoot me a text message! :thumbup

Just saw this (sorry, was at a movie). I can roll out this eve, if needed. Standing by.

Bike decided to crap out on me yet again. Anyone in the SF area available say around 10:00 pm? I'm at work.

I need to go from 5th street SF to Pacifica.

Mangoat, did you get home? If you had to leave your bike, pm me. I can help you tomorrow.

Gixxergirl just called and told me to post in here, I just had my battery/charging system crap out on me, I'm the blue/white Tuono on the side of Knoxville Road, on the way to Lake Berryessa from 128. The bike is a few miles before Spanish Flat.

I need to get it to Moto Shop in SF to fix it up, my phone number is (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

I have a photo of the map where I'm at, but I can't attach it or anything. I can text it though!

I posted a thread at http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8914653#post8914653 too, if that's a better place to organize :shrug:

Last edited:
I'd help but I'm up in Tahoe. Good luck. By the way, take that Tuono over to Mike Nield in Marin. Best Aprilia guy in the bay.

just sent a text. Waiting for a response.

I'd help but I'm up in Tahoe. Good luck. By the way, take that Tuono over to Mike Nield in Marin. Best Aprilia guy in the bay.

Thanks for the rec, but I do all the work on my bikes :)

An Angel! :hail :hail :hail

Today my bike took a shit on the 101 freeway home (SF).

I was on the phone with AAA and they said I was only going to get towed off the freeway because I was in an unsafe area, but an angel came and saved me and I wanted to make a shout out to Jalopyshoppe thank you very much for your help and the ride home. When I asked if I could buy Jalopyshoppe dinner or get him something to drink or something for helping me out he said just pay it forward pull over when someone else needs help! There are angels left in the world and I am very fortunate to have met one today!

You rock Jalopyshoppe thank you so much!

Last edited:
:party Good job, Jalopy! r1sfgirl, I hope your bike isn't too badly broken.

Hey guys, currently sitting the ER, but I'm okay. Henley (CTUShao) is sitting with me. Got hit by a car earlier. No rush for today, but I'll need some help towing my bike home hopefully tomorrow.

Home is in San Jose in the Evergreen area. Call or text xxxxxxxxxx. I'll update as soon as I call the police and tow yard tomorrow.

Thanks everyone. :)

Edit: The bike was towed by Fremont PD. I'm not sure on the condition of my bike, but only a few plastics came of from what I saw.

Edit 2: Jackie has offered to help me tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep everyone posted. Thank you Jackie. :)

Edit 3: Everything is all taken care of :)

Last edited:
Back