• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

This is an awesome service, thank you for it. I hope i never have to use it but at least i know in the back of my head that i have people that can help me out.

I would assume that most people would reimburse all expenses for the service... seems like common sense...

Welp, as they say, common sense... not so common after all! ;)
And I'm not going to leave anyone stranded on the side of the road because they don't have money, or are having hard times.

You still need to be paid for your time.

Sorry to those subscribed, but I had to close this discussion with a point.

We volunteer our time... but I don't want it costing my volunteers money to help out! :)

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476697

Anyone near Alices that can transport a bike to SF?

Looks like it was the tipover sensor... Jake got a ride back to his bike from a very nice Alice's employee, and the bike started right up!
Situation resolved! :)

Hey Barf fam!

I wrecked on 101 southbound in between oregon expwy and san antonio rd. Im okay but my red cbr f4i isn't looking too hot. I'm hoping for a tow to milpitas if anyone is willing and able to help. If anyone knows Connie (gixxergirl1000) would you please text her and let her know.
My number is 6508628898 (bring on the prank calls). I'm the sheepish asian dude on the side of the road You can't miss me.

Thank you guys!

EDIT: Sckego helped me out so I'm all good. Thanks yall!

Last edited:
Just called, no answer. Contact me if you still need a lift- 808.895.9859

I'm busy until 8:30-9 tonight, but if it's not done I'll roll out.

Bike won't start. Put some gas in. Oil is low but not empty. Am @ SB Camden right b4 Bascom in parking lot of a smog check place 2270 Camden, San Jose. Insurance service wld take more than 2hrs ! Any SB angel able to help and/or get me home to 101 + 85 @ Bernal ? Thanks!

Call / text me to my cell #.

6:09 update: hoping some gas & oil that Sean is bringing will do the trick.

Talked to Gwynne & did hear from 2 angels : Peter & Derek. Will update status. Tnx

7:49 update: Derek, John & Sean helped diagnose pbm : prolly battery died.
Derek took me home. Thanks very much everyone! My good samaritan refused gas $ and beer offer.

Last edited:
So relieved to hear you made it home... just got the text message Gwynne sent hours ago... :facepalm
Can you PM me Derek's screen name, so I can get him his tag? :)

My buddy Derek broke down in San jose on 880 south right before montigue expressway Hes right before the exit. He has gas, but will trade for sex. 510 861 4488

PS he's really hot.

Thanks Connie. PM sent yesterday.

Last edited:
^^^ Awww shucks.... *kicks rock*
Thanks, Vince! :)

Edit: he is now on his way home.

Stranded rider at 1000 7th Street in San Francisco.

Blue sv650. Manny.

Last edited:
Hey, I know it's super late, but my chain broke and I was hoping to get a ride home if possible.
I'm on northbound 101 in south San jose. I'm maybe 1/4mile north of Baily. I live in downtown San jose, but would take a ride to anywhere that has public transportation.

My number is 408-648-6919, and I'll be pushing it to stay warm. It's a black ninja 250

Edit: making my way towards 85, still pushing it 2:24am
Edit 2: at 85, going to push until I hit the next exit, I'd be very happy with even just a car ride home (should anybody be passing through). Otherwise I'll try to uber it, but it might be too late for the area. 2:56am
Edit 3: uber for the win! 3:15am

Last edited:
Glad you got home. FTR, I won't text my volunteers aftet aboit 10;30pm on a Friday or Saturday night. I'm on my way up to Thunderhill, but if you still need help trying to get your bike home, shoot me a PM, and I'll see what I can do to get you some help once I get up to the track.

Last edited:
Back