• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Marcoose is stuck on 35, near Alpine, with a puncture. Anyone have a plug kit and small bicycle pump they can run out to him?

Connie, Cookie Monster can be here by 2:30, with a repair kit and pump. Let's hope that works.

Fingers crossed that the plug kit gets you sorted out. Sorry I'm unable to roll out today.

I can't get out to you till around 5....

Edit: (text him, 11-85 tow truck inbound. 1349)

Last edited:
I could be there by about 7pm if all else fails. Just let me know.

I have a former coworker who had a chain issue on her bike. She doesn't have money for a tow, but needs to get the bike back home. I explained she'll need to reimburse for tolls/gas.

I don't have her number or exact location yet, but she's in the Alameden area, she says.

I'll check back in with more info as I get it. But figured it's time to get the wheels turning if she needs help.

Last edited:
Just saw this, glad she was able to get home! :thumbup

Just want to remind people reading this thread...

IF YOU NEED HELP, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO:

1. PM Me.
Always, first step, before you do anything else... PM's go to my e-mail, religiously without fail. Notifications from this thread, for whatever reason, do not always send a notification to me.
SO IF YOU WANT ME TO START REACHING OUT TO MY VOLUNTEERS, YOU NEED TO PM ME... AND BE SURE TO INCLUDE WHERE YOU'RE AT, WHERE YOU'RE GOING, AND YOUR PHONE NUMBER!!
If you happen to have my phone number, don't text me, don't call me. Shoot me a PM here on the Forum. Doing an end-run around the system will not get you help any faster. :shame

2. Post in General
Sometimes, random BARFers with trucks in the area who are not volunteers on my list will offer to help you out because they have a free afternoon... never underestimate the usefulness of Random BARFers! :)

3. Post in the Breakdown Thread
Some of my most hardcore volunteers are subscribed to this thread (like Aaron and Peter!), and may get you scooped up before I even get the notification!

Three Steps... it increases your odds of getting rescued by a LOT, and makes it easier for me to find a volunteer to help out! Now that I'm out of the Bay Area, I can't be the Last Resort like I was previously... I'm just not able to drive 3 hours to get someone rescued off of Pescadero or wherever like I could when I lived in Livermore.

Lastly (and it pains me beyond belief to actually have to post this!), let me be really clear on this: THIS HELP IS NOT FREE. You are expected to reimburse your Roadside Angel for their gas and any tolls.
So let me say it again:
THIS HELP IS NOT FREE!

It has recently been brought to my attention that a whole lot of people who have been helped out have not even OFFERED to reimburse my volunteers, and I'm compiling a list of those individuals, and if they should ever be unfortunate enough to find themselves stuck again, I will NOT lift a damn finger to help them- and I'll post up in their thread explaining why. Those self-entitled losers will be left on the side of the road, and they can pay for a damn tow truck... and I hope it costs them several hundred dollars. :mad

If you happen to be one of those individuals, and would like to get yourself back into my and my volunteers' good graces again, you can contact me, and I'll help make arrangements to get reimbursement to the Angel who helped you, and if they decline, then it will go to BARF as a donation.
So if you were rescued by Cincinnatus, SFCootz, or Lunchbox (who have had the most offenders), you know who you are (and odds are good, so do I), make it right. :|

Sorry for the long rant, but I'm really tired of people taking advantage of my volunteers, not giving necessary information, and generally taking something that was really awesome, and turning it into something that's leaving a bad taste in my mouth and making people not want to volunteer to help.
Thanks!! :angel

Help at 4 Corners. 2 riders down and tow needed

I have two bikes down at four corners. They were T-boned. One is going to the hospital one will be staying with the bikes

It is Brian Washington and his cell phone number is (209) 640-3834. He is pretty shaken up so I don't know where he needs to be towed because he's dealing with the officers

I have sent a p.m. to Connie

Marci

Last edited:
I've called Brian (got voice mail; left a message), and sent a text. Waiting to hear from him to see what's needed.

I just spoke to Brian, says he has a ride.... told him to call me back if he needs more help.

I can head up if needed, chilling at home....

Just spoke with Brian, he's OK, and he's got a friend coming to pick him and his bike up. Cops are towing the other party's bike to a shop since he's heading to the hospital, and isn't there to authorize a release of the bike.
Glad Brian's OK, hope the other rider isn't hurt too badly!

Back