• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Are you stranded at work, or are you home?

Is there anyone who can help out? I'm down at Buttonwillow, with somewhat dodgy iinternet coverage.
my coworker was able to send his buddy out. Thank you for reaching out to me barf.

Consider this matter closed:ride

I wanted to give thanks to an unknown rider that stopped and tried to help me last night in Livermore. This thread seems most appropriate.

I ran out of gas on the way home, about 1.5 miles from my regular gas station. He tried pushing my bike with his leg but it didn't really work out. I was able to push my FJ half way and get it running for a few gears on some of the darker parts of the road. Later, he found me at the gas station - he went home and loaded a small gas can on the back of the bike.

Thank you to the silver ZZR rider in a well used aerostitch suit. You're awesome!

I'm stuck at 2nd and Townsend with a dead battery on my rsv4. Any advice? Has a battery tender lead, but battery is drained.

I left it overnight, and had to jam my LiPoFe3 battery onto the circuit to get it to crank the next morning. But resolved now! Thanks!

Good stuff. FYI, all, if anything happens within pushing distance from my place, your bike can stay inside until you can figure out how to take it home. Better than staying in the streets.

Stranded in Pt Reyes and need to get back to the city. Posting a thread in General as well.

Please help! AMA can't find anyone that will do it.

I'm 1.5 hours away, can anybody else help?

What's the problem, can we fix the bike via teh interwebs? :teeth

I'm about an hour away but I live in Vallejo, so down to SF isn't heading my way at any point - but if no other options, I could do it.

Fuses all good?

I embarrassingly forgot to check them while I had the tank off. I had to give the wrenches back so I can't get back in there. Crap.

Hey I will come get you but you have to load your bike I have truck ramps and tie downs. I'm in San Rafael.

Gwynne, I'll load up & get out there, don't worry about it. :thumbup

Z, what's your exact address? :thumbup

Back