• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

Glad you are ok, for the most part.

Keep us posted.

Nice Solomon! Good man! Love teh BARF Roadside Angels! :thumbup

Went down in the golden gate fields... bike is not rideable need a tow to Emeryville.

Mike (H.D. 30-06) is heading out from Antioch to scoop Tico up and get him home! :)

Thank you Mike and Connie!! Im home ... now to get to wrenching! Smh! No worries I'll be back to normal tomorrow!

38 more days until I'll have my truck ready for towing! Can't wait to help you guys :)

38 more days until I'll have my truck ready for towing! Can't wait to help you guys :)

Be great to have a little more coverage up in the Napa area... it someone wads on the Berryessa GP, gotta make sure we can get them home! :thumbup
And thanks for being willing to help out... truly, it's people like you who make BARF what it is! :)

Be great to have a little more coverage up in the Napa area... it someone wads on the Berryessa GP, gotta make sure we can get them home! :thumbup
And thanks for being willing to help out... truly, it's people like you who make BARF what it is! :)

Sure thing. I know firsthand how much of a bitch it is to find a truck around here. Maybe I'll save up for a winch if I start coming across people who are in areas the truck can't pull them out from.

Sure thing. I know firsthand how much of a bitch it is to find a truck around here. Maybe I'll save up for a winch if I start coming across people who are in areas the truck can't pull them out from.

hoping someone with more legal/insurance knowledge then I can weigh in here but personally, you wouldn't catch me pulling/winching anyone out of anything, from a roadside crash.

If your bike is hanging off a cliff, you don't really have an option right? That's what made me want one. My friend lowsided off a small 15ft cliff, and we required a winch to get it back on to the road. Not really sure what you mean about legal/insurance; i'm not running a business, just helping out other riders. If their bike flew off a cliff, winching it up onto pavement is the least of their concerns.

hoping someone with more legal/insurance knowledge then I can weigh in here but personally, you wouldn't catch me pulling/winching anyone out of anything, from a roadside crash.

None of us are winching PEOPLE out of anything. :wtf
We have, however, used a couple of come-alongs to get a bike up out of a ravine on 9 more than once! ;)

My sincerest apologies. Feel free to delete it all. God forbid I need to justify why I want to help people here :twofinger

Simmer down! :p
Also, see above... a winch would be a LOT less sweaty than a come-along! :thumbup

Also also, I personally am glad you want to help, are even willing to consider purchasing equipment to do so, and NO ONE ever needs to "justify" why they want to help... I just sorta assume it's because they're good people! ;) :love

Last edited:
Back