• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

If you crash or break down, & need help getting your bike home...

None of us are winching PEOPLE out of anything. :wtf
We have, however, used a couple of come-alongs to get a bike up out of a ravine on 9 more than once! ;)

I was involved in one where we had 4 guys working on it with two long sections of rope (100', I belive). That was a good time. :laughing We got the bike out, though. A winch would have been quite handy that evening.

I was in a minor accident about 1 mile up highway 9 from the 76 station. I'm fine and bike is not terrible or leaking but not rideable due to plastics hanging off. I'm at the gas station now is anyone able to help me get me and my bike home? Please call 9712750826.

I was in a minor accident about 1 mile up highway 9 from the 76 station. I'm fine and bike is not terrible or leaking but not rideable due to plastics hanging off. I'm at the gas station now is anyone able to help me get me and my bike home? Please call 9712750826.

Oh hell no... how did I miss this???

Twistaholic, I hope like hell you were able to get your bike home... :(

Oh hell no... how did I miss this???

Twistaholic, I hope like hell you were able to get your bike home... :(

Thank you and no worries. I know it was bad timing on a Sunday :laughing. I ended up taking uber home then borrowing a friends trailer attached to my car to go back and get the bike so it worked out. Awesome service you have here btw.

Last edited:
This is why I carry zip-ties.

Thank you Connie!

Too many mounting points were broken and the headlight was dangling. I tried to make it work with the zip ties under my seat but it wasnt happening. Plus i think the forks rotated a bit in the triple clamp from the steering lock hitting so i dont think it would have tracked straight. Would have been one scary ride home :laughing

Cross-post for more coverage - I can't help him because I'm at work

Good morning

Anyone out there with a pick up truck or trailer that can get me out of here i had a flat tire on skyline 35 coming from San Mateo big hole in the tire please contact me if you can help Eithan

Edited by TWT to remove Eithan's phone number

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Michael! OP is on his way home!

Help!

Diesel-RR broke down on highway 1 in Marshall, just south of Tomales. Any chance someone nearby can give him a tow to SF?

EDIT: this has been handled. Thanks!

Last edited:
Britny's boyfriend broke down on Richmond bridge, I'm just sitting down to church. No phone number, please PM Britny if you can help!!

I've just driven both north and south lanes of the Richmond bridge and not seen any motorcycle.

I'm parked at the CalTrans ops center, if Connie or Britny can provide status, that would be nice.

I'm leaving the CalTrans site, if there's an update, please let me know.

Maybe Britny's boyfriend figured out what was wrong with his moto and was able to fix it. Flip the petcock to reserve, maybe? Reattach spark plug wire? Replace blown main fuse?

Enquiring minds want to know. :x

Back