• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Just because I'm a shameless shill for my agency

motoproponent

Demon of the Glass Vagina
Moto(s)
2024 Energica Experia
Name
Jeffe
There is a job announcement for entry level CBP Officer open now till the end of the month. We will see the effects of the change to our retirement system in June 2028 when more than 9000 of us, myself included, will be eligible to retire. In a normal year we lose 3500 to 4000 officers to attrition. The agency is trying to fill up the roster and get people up to speed before all the knowledge walks out the door. If you know anyone with 3 years of work experience (any work) that is younger than 37, a US Citizen, not a felon, with a modicum of physical fitness and wants a solid job with good benefits and a defined retirement have them search "GS 1895 CBP Officer" in usajobs.gov

Bonus points and a heftier starting salary for being a prior military or current reserves.

Federal hiring process is unwieldy and slow. I'm happy to help someone through the process.

Anyone local with housing already figured out will have a pretty easy time doing this job. There are several monetary incentives to attract and retain people here in the bay area. It doesn't pay as well as a lot of state and locals, but our retirement is pretty solid and I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to chase, tackle, or fight someone. Plus a lot of "perks" that aren't reflected in the annual salary. (15% or 20% shift differential for evening and night shifts, Sunday premium pay, Holiday premium pay, all overtime is double time, paid vacation and paid sick leave that accrue separately, transit reimbursement for commuting, tuition assistance, college debt forgiveness, 12 week paid parental leave, supplemental annuity for retirement, matched retirement savings that are tax deferred or Roth or mixed at your discretion, pretax deductions for flex spending account, long term care insurance, reimbursement for professional liability insurance, mental health services and resources for the household for free, etc...etc)

Ask me anything

Damn... a lot of cool perks.

Yeah, our starting salary has gone up signiclficantly since i came on board in 2004 but its still 20 to 30 thousand less than the starting salary of a lot of local PDs, but ive made a good life out of it. It only takes 3 years to get to solid 6 figures.

Back