• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

MotoAmerica at Laguna July 12 - 14th

budman

General Menace
Staff member
Administrator
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
Yuppers... a chance to see Bobby Fong taking on the best racers in the USA.
Fong (former AFM racer) is on a Wrench Racing R1 and is leading the points in Superbike. Awesome that a privateer Team is doing that...! :banana
1718830841299.png
More Info: https://www.motoamerica.com/laguna-seca.

Attachments

• ma laguna24-blksbk-1080 (2).jpg
    ma laguna24-blksbk-1080 (2).jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 2
  • MA laguna24-event-1080 (2).jpg
    MA laguna24-event-1080 (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Check date in the title. Hope it's July not June.

Any chance of a promo code this year?

Thanks.. Second time this week I did that. :facepalm

No offer on a discount code this year.

I'm in, already bought my tix plus camping pass. Never been, don't really follow racing much, might know a few people there, or not, but I figure camping out with other riders and watching fast bikes be fast all day for a long weekend sounds like a good time.

For any Laguna first timers listen up, I'll share my hard earned wisdom!

To get the most out of Laguna be prepared to hike all over the place, comfortable shoes are a must. For me, touring the paddock is one the best parts! Check out the tricked out Superbikes, the equally tricked out Baggers, and all the other cool racebikes, meet the riders and watch the hard working crew members do their thing. They'll be super focused and busy so pick your moments. Also they will have a pit lane fan walk where you can get signed posters, bring a poster tube to keep em nice. Once you know who the riders are it'll be much more interesting to watch the races and follow the rest of the series.

Bring layers, it can be freezing cold fog at night and early morning, then the fog will break up and it could get hotter than heck. Long sleeves, long pants and hat to keep the sun off. Might be cool enough you don't realize you're getting sunburned til it's way too late, you'll see some real crispy critters by Sunday afternoon.

I use a camelbak to carry water, snacks, layers. Good grub, coffee, etc is avaliable from the many vendors, go there at off peak times to avoid delays.

I would advise hiking all the way around the track at least once, you'll find some super cool views besides the more popular spots. You must climb all the way from the inside of Turn 6 up to the Corkscrew to really get how big that hill is, and down to Rainey to see how much it drops! Overall, one of the best places to watch the races for me is the outside of Turn 2, if you get in just the right spot you can see from Turn 11 to Turn 5 and a lot of stuff happens in those ares. Binoculars are helpful but somehow I never remember to bring them.

Agreed on T2... that is a good spot.

Use sunscreen especially if you're in the bleachers. The light reflects UP & will fry your face & neck even if you have a good hat.

As a long time Laguna fan (since 73) I have seen about every kind of weather too.

And it changes dramatically at times so Peter's advice is solid.

The one massive heat wave was knarly. People were really getting bad and the $5 waters were not getting out to many. I believe at the end they started giving water away. It only took a couple of people getting heat stroke to make them think twice!.

I remember taking a nap under the stands at turn 4 that year it was crazy. There is no escaping the sun at the track so when its hot its hot. I will be camping for the first time in 10+ years with my moto. I go camping on the coast often so my setup should be good.

For those of you who are planning on going, any plan to meet up or camping location?

BBBF = Big Bad Bobby Fong "the Fonger" is bringing the Superbike points lead to his home track / Laguna with him!
1720109963958.png
The first time he raced there as a Pro was with BARF/ Net Moto in '06

He was fast, but a blown motor blew up his dreams of a top 10.

Go Bobby...!!! :Port

Bummer sorry, but thank for letting me know. I will remove it.

AMA membership gets you a 20% discount if anyone is on the fence.

Back