• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

MotoGP 2024 Round 13 - San Marino Sept 6-8

Misano 1 of 2 Pick 'em (multiple choice)

• Martîn

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Bagnaia

• Marc Marquez

• Bastiannini

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Acosta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Binder

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Miller

• Viñales

• A. Espargaro

• Di Giannantonio

• Bezzecchi

• A. Marquez

• Pol Espargaro

• Quartararo

• Rins

• Morbidelli

• Dem Honders

• Oliveira

• Either of the Fernandai

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just watched Moto3. Great way to start the week...!!
AP Red Bull Rookies Champ has arrived. :wow

You think he would have won if not for the f2f and Martin's horrible decision making skills?

We might find out in two weeks at Misano 2.

In other news.
Official test today. Not much to report. With so many riders switching manufacturers next year, most teams are not giving departing riders new stuff to test. Pramac was the exception but they just had slightly altered bodywork to test. Concessions for Honda and Yamaha make tests like this less important. All teams did spend some limited time testing a new front Michelin which is supposed to better manage the increased loads from aero and ride height devices.

well, it will be fun to watch our next MotoGP poll and see how many predictions we get for a Mr MM hat trick.

we’ve been watching MotoGP at our clubhouse every MotoGP weekend at 4pm on Sunday for like 12 years thanks to Ace Cafe Rob … you’d think by now I’d recognize that when our attendance suddenly increases dramatically from one event to the next, that an unusual race is in the offing. was certainly the case yesterday. :laughing

Last edited:
You think he would have won if not for the f2f and Martin's horrible decision making skills?
He lost his chances to win when he crashed in qualifying, then Italian gods wanted to see another Spaniard win 😂. I don’t think Martin would’ve risked anymore than Pecco even if he didn’t pit

Likely as clearly everyone else got spooked by the rain so slowed way down and MM took advantage, but even I thought Bagnaia would win in the end.

Had JM stayed out he'd likely have finished third is my guess.

Marco Bezzecchi's helmet siggie:
Mi Fai Battere Forte Il Cuore
You Make My Heart Beat Faster
a) highside
b) brake failure
c) being t-boned
d) g/f
e) all of the above

Best Race:
1 - Moto3 lapped the weekend
2 - Moto2
3 - MotoGP

Felt like Pecco has seen the ghost even though he picked up 19 points more than JM89. He wasn't happy or satisfied. Marc's speed and adaptability on the GP23 bike and beating him at his home track thoroughly in the dry part of the race has left FB63 rattled.

Gotta wonder if he's still feeling battered from the crash with Alex Marquez

for sure pecco was slower from his crash on saturday, he was suffering with broken/pain in ribs. he is lucky martin threw it away; nod to marc race smarts for seeing pecco stay out and trust the local's track knowledge

Gotta wonder if he's still feeling battered from the crash with Alex Marquez
He said he was at the end... for a while the adrenalin had him going, but he noted when MM started to pull away he relaxed a bit and then the pain came.

Some MotoGP news this week:

1) Michelin introduced a new front tire at the official test last Monday at Misano. Its supposed to better manage the heat and temperature changes brought on by aero package and ride height devices. Riders had limited time on the new tire; most just doing 6-10 laps. Most liked but it wasn't universally praised. There is more contact patch under braking but that robs quick turn in. The tire is still being developed. I don't know when we might see it in a race.

2) The Grand Prix commission will supposedly approve a freeze very soon on engine development for the existing platforms across the 2025 and 2026 seasons so teams can concentrate on the new 850cc engines.

3) There are rumors of Dorna wanting to implement one way radio communication between officials and riders to communicate any safety issues related to track conditions. We don't have a lot of detail on this yet. Some are speculating there may be radios between teams and riders but that is all wild speculation right now. I hope that doesn't happen. Even full-length MotoGP races are short enough that riders should be able to manage on their own.

Radio communications... interesting.

How long until the announcers are asking Pecco how he plans to pass Jorge on the last lap with 2 to go. :p

Back