• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Music, post it up

Thought this was appropriate for today.

"I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days...

Cause tonight's the night the world begins again"

[YOUTUBE]hHPhBLJIC0g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]QFH0R3N47Ss[/YOUTUBE]

:thumbup
Bad Brains is at the very top of my list of hardcore bands that I would have loved to seen live in their heyday!

Thao and The Get Down Stay Down

[youtube]DGwQZrDNLO8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Bad Brains is at the very top of my list of hardcore bands that I would have loved to seen live in their heyday!

+1 ... :thumbup

imagine you've seen this, if it isn't a repost:

[YOUTUBE]yxeg5a4-epw[/YOUTUBE]

Thao and The Get Down Stay Down

cool, will have fun seeing what else I can find ... :party

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival is streaming only this weekend on youtube or their website, watching Rainbow Girls right now.

[youtube]M7cbeg3YZDM[/youtube]

Growing up, I only knew of the Pointer Sisters doing Disco and R&B. I only just recently discovered their earlier stuff where they covered a lot of older jazz classics. This is them covering Dizzy Gillespie’s “Salt Peanuts” with Herbie Hancock on the piano. Released in 1974.

[youtube]-wfmckyg9r0[/youtube]

Growing up, I only knew of the Pointer Sisters doing Disco and R&B. I only just recently discovered their earlier stuff where they covered a lot of older jazz classics. This is them covering Dizzy Gillespie’s “Salt Peanuts” with Herbie Hancock on the piano. Released in 1974.

My partner has been recently re-discovering and re-appreciating disco and I;m all for it. When I was a kid, it might as well have been the toxic plague for all I knew - I didn't know what disco was, I just knew people hated it.

Then I heard "Stayin' Alive" and thought "well this is a goddamn jam!" and then later someone told me it was supposed to be the most hated music ever. Which is funny because Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" is basically disco but it makes folks mad when you tell them that.

Anyhow this isn't disco but this song is a also a damn jam. and Karin Dreijer might be one of my most favorote vocalists of all time.

[YOUTUBE]ADBKdSCbmiM[/YOUTUBE]

Herbie Hancock is an amazing musician that worked a lot as a session musician, but appreciate him mostly for his Jazz-fusion work like Head Hunters.

[Youtube]0hmVHhH96es[/youtube]

Edit: I believe that he did work as a session musician early in his career, but signed to Blue Note in his early twenties, so saying that he worked a lot as a session musician probably is not accurate, he just seems to be on a surprisingly large number of other group's albums.

[youtube]g2hK6_o5Pdw[/youtube]

Last edited:
Herbie Hancock is an amazing musician that worked a lot as a session musician, but appreciate him mostly for his Jazz-fusion work on Head Hunters.

[Youtube]0hmVHhH96es[/youtube]

Speaking of awesome jazz piano players, Chick Corea was another awesome one. It’s funny how sometimes YouTube covers have a way of helping you discover the originals. Chick Corea’s “Spain” is a classic song for drummers to play because there are multiple recorded versions that had different feels because he recorded the song with different people. The original drummer was Brazilian, so the so had a very strong samba feel. The successive versions slowly pulled away from the samba. I only recently learned that there was a version of “Spain” that had lyrics. Al Jerreau made it famous. This is a cover of Al Jerreau’s version of the song done by one of the most famous singers in the Philippines. This cover helped me discover a bunch of awesomeness.

Edit: The beginning is crooning, but it picks up with the samba around 1:46 in the vid.

[youtube]ZA6JnlpHRs4[/youtube]

Edit: Here’s the original instrumental version from 1973. (Apparently, my musical tastes are going backward in time.)

[youtube]sEhQTjgoTdU[/youtube]

Last edited:
Today on, "Thanks! I hate it."

[YOUTUBE]zxRpZGQnXcI[/YOUTUBE]

I think the most annoying thing is how catchy it is.

Back