New car hood and bumper fascia protective film installers

900ss

Moto(s)
None, but my brother has 56 and counting.
Name
Ken
Early next year I will be buying a new car. I commute on Highway 17, and I want to get protective film installed on the front surfaces as soon as I buy it. Please recommend a shop (South Bay preferred) that will do an excellent job.

Both of our cars have a shit ton of dings and chips on the front surfaces and I want to avoid this.

Thanks,.........

Call a high end car dealer, like Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and ask them who they use.

Call a high end car dealer, like Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and ask them who they use.
That can be a crap shoot. We have a particular company we use, and I think their work sucks. But they don’t charge us very much.

This is very much a case of you get what you pay for.

Sheesh, I don't mind paying for quality work..... :rolleyes: After getting guesstimates for repainting the hood on my Golf R, the up-front expense to preclude this need down the road will be money well spent.

There’s a shop called 68 Auto Detail in Milpitas. On Minnis, right behind the cop shop there (wasn’t that where Targetmasters was back in the day?).

I’ve never used them, but I had a customer bring a NSX there and I thought it was a pretty good job. Where I did my car…I can’t recommend them. Which is interesting since they’ve gotten pretty big here in Santa Clara in the past 3-4 years.

Friend bought a very nice used 911 with that crap on it a few years back.

It has deteriorated and has destroyed the looks of the car.

I'd rather have dings etc.

Maybe just get a bra you put on and take off rather than an impossible to remove when it fails coating.

PPF doesn’t last forever. The latest films are more durable than something from 10 years ago. But they still should probably be removed (and have a new one put on?) after 5-10 years, depending on how much exposure the car has had to the sun.

PPF doesn’t last forever. The latest films are more durable than something from 10 years ago. But they still should probably be removed (and have a new one put on?) after 5-10 years, depending on how much exposure the car has had to the sun.
Yeah, I've never really been a fan of films, but am frustrated with the rock dings. When I used to sell bras some customers would be pissed that they rubbed the pint in some spots. That was 40-odd years ago; maybe car bra technology and materials have changed along with boob bras since then? :geek:

Got a brand new fascia installed and painted.
A month later some sort of bracket jumped off the highway and left an impression of itself just to the right of the nose like it was silly putty.
Still there. Can't have nice things unless you archive it somewhere in cotton candy.
Scotch tape didn't help much for anything bigger than sand.

Back