• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

NHL

mjrydsfast

MJRydsFast
Moto(s)
I'd have: H2 Kawi, '97 Blk n Gray YZF1000R, KTM450sx, Walz Hardcore
Name
MJ
Great Stanley match this year though the teams are literally as far apart as they can get (Edmonton, AB, CAN to Jacksonville, FL, US). I've felt for the last 10+ years the season is WAY too long and too many teams make the playoffs. If nothing else, I'd rather see the NHL go back to the 1980's playoff execution. The Stanley Cup remains a best of seven series but the conference finals a best of five and the division finals a best of three. Also, reduce the number of regular season games by at least thirty, ending the playoffs in March or at most, early April.

Your thoughts hockey fans/ex-players?

The Panthers arena is nowhere near JAX - it’s basically west of Ft Lauderdale in Sunrise (that’s like a 6-hour drive distant).

As to the teams....it would be great to see a Canadian team hoist the Cup again, but damn Florida looks scary good and Bobrovsky has been a brick wall. Also, F Evander Kane after the poison he was in the Sharks room (after being the same in Buffalo)...Joe Thornton initially put his head on straight but after he left the old Kane came back.

Agreed this June almost July finals thing has gotten silly - not aligned in fewer regular season games as a fix necessarily, but a smaller playoff pool might be the answer (of course they want that TV revenue so...unlikely).

Would have been nice to see Pavelski raising the Cup though....shame to go out with that record under his name. Ouch.

My mistake. I lived in Jax for two years and played at a nearby arena where I was told the Panthers practiced. I thought Sunrise was just South of Jacksonville. Again, either way, I'm happy for both teams. FL is favored to win it in six. We'll see.

Damn it.

New_York_Rangers_flag.gif

Back