• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

Good morning going on 2 weeks of strife. Navigating the American Medical system is a joke.

It sure can be.

There is a lot of fragmentation of different functions in a hospital and commonly not very much attention applied to the end to end experience. One example from recent family history: My sister in law had back surgery last winter. She hadn't really been told where she would be and for how long post surgery. She awoke in ICU and was there for two weeks before transferring to a rehab unit. Had no idea about any of that beforehand.

Last edited:
It sure can be.

There is a lot of fragmentation of different functions in a hospital and commonly not very much attention applied to the end to end experience. Once example from recent family history: My sister in law had back surgery last winter. She hadn't really been told where she would be and for how long post surgery. She awoke in ICU and was there for two weeks before transferring to a rehab unit. Had no idea about any of that beforehand.
Got a call from kaiser to schedule routine appt with Doctor.

"No dates available" is all I got on line.

Good news is still testing negative for Covid after wife tested positive when we came home from New Orleans on June 10th.

Sleeping in another room is really the only precaution I've taken.

Hope it's nothing too serious, G. I've had some very frustrating times with the healthcare bullshit in the past couple of years. Not fun, to be sure.

I can't see strife without thinking of gonads and strife, but I always think of the animated version. :laughing

Just got back from Baja. Spent a few days looking for endangered species and eating seafood. Good times.
PXL_20240616_192122214.jpg

Last edited:
The American medical system? It's a bunch of different Systems that don't communicate with each other well if at all. The patient pretty much has to manage the inter-agency communication for them and then they get butt hurt because you don't trust them.

Good morning going on 2 weeks of strife. Navigating the American Medical system is a joke.
Dislike... hopefully you can get a better doc and get things sorted out.

Dropped my bike off for it's major service, now, that's a solid motivator to get a corporate gig :laughing just shy of 55,000 miles on the Hypermotard.

Yeah, the thread does seem to have slowed down a bit, which makes it easier for a slacker like me to try to keep up. :thumbup
HIIIII!!!

@N4teTheGreat I just called OMA KTM to be like "Hey can I schedule a tire and oil change for July 2nd while I wait?" And they were like "sure!"

I love them.

Anyway, I should make lunch and get to work on sanding / prepping a wall for painting (finally, we only decided on the color 4 years ago or so :laughing)

Back