• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

One benefit of being a bit more sedentary these past couple of weeks is I’m spending more time with the guitar. These past few years, my practice has been very sporadic, where for most of my adult life I’d play for at least an hour a day most days.

Having taken time off, I’m finding that some technique changes are a little easier, as the things I didn’t like are slightly less engrained. This weekend, I was learning a few sax lines, which really helps break away from stuff that arranges itself conveniently on the instrument and makes it possible to approach playing what I really want to hear. Pretty invigorating.

Crap.

Have tickets to see my alma mater, University of Miami, playing Cal on the 5th of October.

Game time just announced at 7:30pm or 10:30 Eastern.

Madness.

It will be in the fifties so got to layer up.

Idjits.

Last edited:
Lazy Monday morning, on the internets.

Anybody know why the rear passenger side tire on my FWD vehicle shows more wear than the rest ?!? WTF basically I’m noticing it in the center of the tire, when I look from the rear.

Pressures seem both in the Norm, if 1-2 lighter than needed (38?) and, seem equal L to R , but it might be imprecise, Because when I measured, actually the drivers was more exposed to the sun than the passenger

Lazy Monday morning, on the internets.

Anybody know why the rear passenger side tire on my FWD vehicle shows more wear than the rest ?!? WTF basically I’m noticing it in the center of the tire, when I look from the rear.

Pressures seem both in the Norm, if 1-2 lighter than needed (38?) and, seem equal L to R , but it might be imprecise, Because when I measured, actually the drivers was more exposed to the sun than the passenger
Maybe whacked the hell out of that wheel on a curb and knocked it well out of alignment?

Does the wheel turn as freely as the driver's side wheel?

Maybe whacked the hell out of that wheel on a curb and knocked it well out of alignment?

this could be it... haha. "whacked" the hell out, way more than once. This is the wheel that goes BACKWARDS TOWARDS A CURB, when someone is parking.
It’s rim (yes, Kornholio) is kinda destroyed, has been on the curb, etc :laughing

New tires? Or was that tire up front before the last rotation? If not pressure issue, must be alignment.

Nope, ... (oh wait I Did rotate them ~5k miles ago!). They were new the other year ... So however the Big Store aligned them (and lost a bolt cap) that's how they stayed..

Does the wheel turn as freely as the driver's side wheel?
huh. hm dunno.

you want me to lift the car and check by hand?!?!

Last edited:
Also front wheel drive tend to torque the body, if your car makes more right turns then left the right rear will have more wear.

Back