• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Post / Chat whores post here (2024)

I generally find that decaf coffee has mediocre flavor, at best. Perhaps there are modern decaffeination processes that don't ruin the flavor, though. I haven't tried decaf in about 10 years or so, as I had never found one that didn't taste like shit. In concept, it makes sense, though. I like the flavor of coffee.

there's a huge video recently of the god of coffee, who explains some things about decaf. 1) the beans actually go bad faster ... b/c something is missing from the bean, e.g. the caffeine. So as a result we all consume mediocre starting product
2) in cafes, due to the lower volume, the beans also get more stale, often.

:dunno
but, at the start of the video he says , if made well, it can be really good! (as good as any other drink.) It just happens very very rarely.

there's a huge video recently of the god of coffee, who explains some things about decaf. 1) the beans actually go bad faster ... b/c something is missing from the bean, e.g. the caffeine. So as a result we all consume mediocre starting product
2) in cafes, due to the lower volume, the beans also get more stale, often.

:dunno
but, at the start of the video he says , if made well, it can be really good! (as good as any other drink.) It just happens very very rarely.

That's pretty much what I have experienced. I also remember reading about the cheaper and more common method of removing caffeine and it is NOT good for flavor. Not sure how prevalent that method still is, but I'd wager it is still the main method used by the big companies.

I was playing with my dog this morning and he did one of those spin and use his ass as a weapon moves, and hit me right on to of the head hard. Compressed my neck and now I have a massive headache and my neck is stiff.

Loki bit me hard on the foot which was under the covers to get me up as the dry food bowl was empty as it always is by the AM.

Damned cat!

Attachments

• Loki July 2024 (2).JPG
    Loki July 2024 (2).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Hell no, or not yet?
I don't even own a single pair of New Balances! :twofinger
Do you guys believe in decaf?

But I mean having a decaf on the side while also having regular coffee sometimes :laughing

So I made some nice foam for my coffee.. but now I have leftover foam in The jug.. :wow and no decaf beans.... OMG 😱
I don't find coffee to taste good enough to make decaf worth it. If I'm drinking coffee, it's because I want to warm up my morning and get a caffeine boost. Decaf won't accomplish that.
I'm suspicious of my wife...

I made my own coffee today and gizzzzAAAPPPP what a difference. Same method, same beans...

Has she been watering down my coffee?

lol Jason. Hey, I hope you and the Mrs. stay safe with the hurricane coming. I'll be thinking about you guys.
Thanks! Right now the meteorologists here can't seem to make up there minds on what exactly they feel is going to happen. Some are saying 3-5 inches of rain and others are going off the European model and saying 7-9 inches or even more...which is a bit scary, honestly. Wind forecasts also are varying wildly. The general consensus is that it should be back to tropical storm levels if not lower by the time it gets up past Atlanta early Friday morning. But we'll be seeing the outlying effects starting later on this evening through late Thursday evening. After that, it's still a big fat question mark.

FWIW, Folgers instant is exactly what I use at home daily. Yes, we have an espresso machine but it's just not worth all the work and time for me. I'm not really a coffee snob but, as I said before, I don't drink coffee because I love the flavor either.

Back