• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Recycle Garage in Santa Cruz / Motorcycles and Misfits Podcast

JohnEPA

Bay Area Big Thumpers
Moto(s)
'18 Triumph Tiger 800 XRT '18 KLR 650 Camo '05 DRZ 400s '09 Suzuki Bergman 400 '10 Harley Sportster
Name
Stumpy
BARF perks
AMA# 3328235
Hi All,

I want to let new members know about a great community resource. Each Sunday we host an open garage in Santa Cruz for all, from 11 to 5 (6 in the summer). Anyone can come and work on their bike or come to help someone else. Master Mechanic Emma offers us her years of advice and help to fix what ails your ride. We have all the tools. 100% free, just come, work on your bike and "pay it forward" to others. We're at 413 Laurel St (Around Back) Santa Cruz, CA, United States, 95060. We're behind De La Hacienda Taqueria.

Additionally, we have a weekly podcast, called Motorcycles and Misfits. It can be found on all the major platforms. We've been one of the leading motorcycle podcasts for years. Check it out!

Excellant. I will come by as soon as it gets a little warmer...

I have stopped by many times. It is a great resource. You don't need to work on your bike to stop in and help, or just shoot the shit with other moto people. It's well worth your time.

Big Fan of the Podcast!
I'll definitely make the trip out there this year.

Keep it up!

This sounds really cool.
Can you move Santa Cruz closer to the North Bay for me, please?

What a rad bunch to hang with! I haven’t been to the garage in Santa Cruz but I love the podcast and had a blast last year at the rally in Hollister. Sad to miss it this year, but looking forward to another time.

This Sunday is some ritual worship thing? Bunnies? Not warm and dry enough for me yet.

Soon.

I this happening this Sunday 8/18?

I this happening this Sunday 8/18?
It is typically open on any Sunday. They rotate different people to open it up depending on personal schedules and such. My take is that it is more fun to drop by later in the day, and it's always a good idea to bring some sodas or treats. Helping with random wrenching is fun, and many different riders show up. Miss Emma is definitely welcoming and knowledgeable. It's a good example of what a successful community garage might look like.

The 'event' is rarely canceled, although their website does indicate that some of their crew might be attending the Mecum auctions this weekend. As previously stated, someone will likely host and open everything up. Noon is a good show time. There is a taqueria 50ft away, and a 7-Eleven 1 block away.

Btw, I listen to the podcast as well, and always enjoy the conversations.

One day we'll see if I can make it down there for a visit.

And if the garage could be moved closer to Sacramento, that would be great 👍

Mark

I have long wanted to stop by and chat. It is the weekend of the "Historics" or whatever it is called now. The "Bitchinest Car Week Ever" in Monterey? Sunday looks good for a ride for me.

Back