• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Robert Downey Jr. Helps kids

Eldritch

is insensitive
Moto(s)
Honda 919: Apocalypse Edition
Name
Asmodeus
Chris Evans has been fantastic as a role model for actors. He constantly helps kids by showing up in his Captain America costume to Children's Hospitals and the like for no charge. However, Robert Downey Jr. has just upped the game. Tony Stark destroys it.

[youtube]oEx5lmbCKtY[/youtube]

I feel like these guys are setting a good model for behavior for actors. For a few decades, it seems like most actors that wanted to leverage their celebrity just used it to rally publicly for a douchey political cause they hardly understood that got them PC points in LALA-Land. The stuff these Marvel Actors are undertaking is much more of the Bob Hope/Jerry Lewis type of humanitarian good that celebrity SHOULD be used for.

No doubt. Robert Downey Jr. has been a model of good behavior. :laughing

Seriously, its good that he's cleaned up and is using his celebrity for good things. :thumbup

I feel like these guys are setting a good model for behavior for actors. For a few decades, it seems like most actors that wanted to leverage their celebrity just used it to rally publicly for a douchey political cause they hardly understood that got them PC points in LALA-Land. The stuff these Marvel Actors are undertaking is much more of the Bob Hope/Jerry Lewis type of humanitarian good that celebrity SHOULD be used for.

Agree... :thumbup

No doubt. Robert Downey Jr. has been a model of good behavior. :laughing

Seriously, its good that he's cleaned up and is using his celebrity for good things. :thumbup

:laughing, I know, right? When I heard they cast him for Tony Stark back in the day, I was like, "HOLY CRAP! WTF? GENIUS!" I'm glad he has lived up to the role so well. His Sherlock Holmes is still kind of baffling to me though. :laughing

Back