• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Rydther Rally - September 13-15, 2024

budman

General Menace
Staff member
Administrator
Moto(s)
Keep me rocking life
Name
Budman
BARF perks
AMA Life Member #203453
3 down and 1 to go. The original in '08..... The Rydther Rally.
I am getting my shit together to get sign ups going this weekend and the private forum as well.

The deets:
Sept 13-15th
The ride to Hawthorne rocks. 108 or 4 or ?? Not a long ass day either...this year a bit longer because there is a road closure on 395 so the Hawthorne Mile (CA 167) by Mono Lake will only be accessible from Hawthorne.
Coming over 108 or 4 you will need to go North around

Accomodations: Travelodge by Wyndham <-- click that link for the barf secured rooms. Good until August 31.
Questions or special needs 775-945-3321

Every chance I get to post WayC's video I will take it because I love seeing myself fly by and others with his chuckle at the end. :teeth Our Nevada proving grounds in it full glory. :laughing

and some more flava from 2012. Some good friends to be seen. Miss seeing many a lot.
We have had huge rallies (126 one year) there and while attendance has slipped it is still a fav for many.

If you have not come on a BARF Rally before maybe it is time to take the leap!
1723045329396.png

Last edited:
Bummer Jason.

We will miss your presence.

Bummer Jason.

We will miss your presence.
Yeah I was really planning on it for this year, but the job change and Kelly's broken shoulder put a kink in that. I'm not done for good, though! Still planning on coming again.
I think you should Rydther from Tennessee.
It's the only reason I'm hanging onto the Beemer, actually. :laughing

More realistically though, when I do go again, I'll probably fly to Reno and rent a moto for the week or something.

I feel like I can also post my favorite Hawthorne Youtube video. From before it was a regular rally. It was kind of a secret that there was a place with a road that was ramrod straight, pool table flat, with near zero enforcement. It was obviously a closed course only ridden by professional riders. ;)

The opening is a 2006 R6 (Eisenfaust) and a GSXR 1000 (uhmeebuh) pulling their dicks out to see who could hold it wfo the longest. Turns out the "16000 RPM" Redline of the R6 with a, probably, undernourished rider can win a 10 mile long drag race with the big gixxer hauling the Ginger Ape. lol.

Back