• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Rydther Rally - September 13-15, 2024

Soooooo, would it be OK if this former rider, now an FPV drone pilot, and his pup, showed up to this shindig?

😂

Edit: Jeez I thought now that I live IN Nevada I thought Hawthorne would be closer to me. Somehow a 5 hour drive feels longer from Vegas than from the Bay.

Last edited:
Sure.. any excuse. :laughing

Congrats Jeff!!! :Port

Soooooo, would it be OK if this former rider, now an FPV drone pilot, and his pup, showed up to this shindig?

😂

Edit: Jeez I thought now that I live IN Nevada I thought Hawthorne would be closer to me. Somehow a 5 hour drive feels longer from Vegas than from the Bay.
i expect pup pics!!!

came across a photo of a very early Tiago Pass. :wow I have a vague memory of driving over this pass with my father in 1969 in his 911. I recall being terrified.
Image.jpeg

Photo Credit: Mono Basin Historical Society.

Last edited:
Was bikeama driving the Thunderbird or the Rambler? I now understand the importance of road narrows ahead signs.

Booked. I'm heading out on a ride on the 6th and will swoop by Hawthorne on my way home 🥳

I've also signed up and booked a room. I've never attended this Hawthorne event. Is there a group riding out from the Bay Area together? Bringing my R1200GS with new 50/50 tires.

Hi Nathan,

I should get the sign up soon... usually it is quick, but I have not seen it yet.
I will provide access to the Private Forum where you can see where we launch from and other info..!!

Look forward to meeting you. :Port

Reactions: C14
Booked. I'm heading out on a ride on the 6th and will swoop by Hawthorne on my way home 🥳
Heading out on the 8th. Carson City>South Lake Tahoe>Healdsburg>Garberville>Manteca>Hawhorne.

Kind of a weird itinerary, I know. I will be staying in Hawthorne one extra day to head home on Monday without needing a reservation through the park on 120.

Heading out on the 8th. Carson City>South Lake Tahoe>Healdsburg>Garberville>Manteca>Hawhorne.

Kind of a weird itinerary, I know. I will be staying in Hawthorne one extra day to head home on Monday without needing a reservation through the park on 120.
I'm heading up to Oregon first, then hitting Reno on the way to Hawthorne. No plans for the middle days, but maybe we'll cross paths.

Back