• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Special Coastal Cleansing Rain ??

CDONA

Home of Vortex tuning
Based in Spearfish SD. rolled over there >
Moto(s)
Triumph scrambler, TW200, Monkey
Name
# 44659
Past three years I have been wintering here in Morro Bay. With it an interesting weather phenomenon, that I haven't seen.
Rain actually cleans stuff here, old bugs splattered across the front side of the camper shell, gone. Can't do that with car wash wand.

Sure the summer wet fog will leave a light dust and water spots, just like the rain inland, when I stayed in Paso Robles.
It works so well at cleaning, some here in the park will pull their car covers off for a new rain storm.
I wonder how far inland this works, I'm only a mile from the bay now.
I haven't washed anything since I got here in Nov.
My ol' nail never looked so shiny.

Attachments

• IMG_5851.jpg
    IMG_5851.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 17
I’d put money on the idea that since you’re on the coast, it’s frequently damp or wet so that loosens the crud and makes it easier to remove.

Salt scrub? Was the same for me when I lived near there. Except for when we were 7 miles down a dirt road(had to broom off the back window and plate daily).

Last edited:
My truck is from Kingman, there is dirt and sunburn, but no rust.
Summer fog will start up soon, and I will be back in Az. by June gloom, no sky July, and Fogust.

I believe being so close to the ocean, and the intensity of the storms, hard driven needle drops lashing surfaces. Minimal dust required to form rain drops out over the ocean, within sky rivers ??

Salt spray, happens when the surf gets big storm surges, and just hangs in the air as haze, so that twofer is available for stormy weather, but I don't smell much of it to notice, salty.

Last edited:
Went to the rock yesterday, sky was a salt haze, surf was blown out to little foamy waves, nobody out.
I could smell the salt today, at the rock, not @ my place, tucked out of the wind.
I'm thinking it's the salt air mixed with rainwater for that soft water rinse from stronger storms now in play.

who knew??

Well, I got two days of fog, Greypril has shown up, to start summer.
I have a layer of dirt over everything, clean & shiny is gone.
Weather forecast received a big bump of rain expected, a whole inch more, now 1 1/2 here in Morro for Sat. No warnings yet of the high surf, so maybe little salt spray?
Ma Nature is going to clean my truck, again ????
maybe,

Back