• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

original.jpg

I mean, Schaub asked him for his honest opinion. Basically just told him you may think you could be champion one day but guys like Cain and JDS will end you. Get out before you end up like Wanderlei.

I honestly don't know why they put Schaub in with Brown in the first place. Probably the most predictable fight on the entire card.

But, that's the problem with the HW division... you have a handful of guys at the very top and everyone else. Pretty much all other divisions are full of very elite, highly skilled athletes. Schaub is a big, athletic dude but he's caught between a bunch of rock-em-sock-em fatasses and a few elite dudes. He's athletic but not elite.

Could Schaub win fights? Sure, but not against anyone I could name right off hand. Not even sure he'd fair any better at LHW to be honest.

Problem with Schaub is that he's stuck in a place where he's never going to make the big bucks, but he's young enough to make some improvements and still have the physical ability to keep fighting. He could probably continue to make a living, but I think Rogan is right... it might be time to start looking at other opportunities.

He does have advantages a lot of people don't... people know his name, he has connections. It's time to start taking advantage of that. He'll likely never be wealthy and I'm not saying he should never fight again, but he should be looking towards the future.

lol, like that Brown guy did in a recent UFC fight.

There is a bunch of rumors of who should fight CM punk.
CM punk vs Green power ranger
CM Punk vs Micheal Busting
CM punk vs Joe Rogan
CM Punk vs Chris Angel(He knows magic and Karate)

Punk still hasn't chosen a camp. He needs to get moving

Meanwhile, Pettis out 6 months hand injury

Last edited:
Did you guys watch the semis of tuf? Rose is a savage! I really hope she beats that bitch Carla. I think she will with her striking and awesome ground game. Lots of good fights tonight but tomorrow's card is just nuts.

Diaz with the upset tomorrow

Paul Harris vs. John Fitch at the McClellan Conference Center in Sacramento tomorrow. Kinda like fighting in the banquet room at the local Dennys. In the hood. :D

Did you guys watch the semis of tuf? Rose is a savage! I really hope she beats that bitch Carla. I think she will with her striking and awesome ground game. Lots of good fights tonight but tomorrow's card is just nuts.

Diaz with the upset tomorrow

Watched it and thought it was fun.

Rose is just an awesome fighter with amazing skills all around and crazy aggression. Wow, maybe one of the best PferP fighters around as far as skills. She's really special!

Damn, I was really rooting for Rose, can't believe she lost by submission...

Rose just seemed like she broke and didn't know what to do after all those takedowns. That first round sure was fun though. Carla knew exactly what to do to avoid any subs while on top. Rose is only 22 and that was only her 5th pro fight (outside of the TUF house). She will bounce back

I am counting on Struve tonight to send Reem to Bellator. Struve was looking thick solid and tight at weigh ins.

Well, Nick Diaz better be practicing his leg checks, because you know Anderson is going to do the same thing. If Nick checks a lot of Anderson kicks, then you know Anderson while stop throwing them because of fear of breaking it again.

Heavy weight division is such shit. You look at these two, #2 and #4, and they are no where near Cain is.

The Diaz brothers have such one dimensional game plans it's silly. They fight one way, and everyone knows how to beat it

The Diaz brothers have such one dimensional game plans it's silly. They fight one way, and everyone knows how to beat it

The sad part is they both have decent ground game. They can be successful there if their opponent wants to take the fight there but they don't willingly do it themselves. *shrug*

Didn't see much of that last night from Nate though.

I think Boths ground game is overrated at this point. Yeah they're good, or at least have a decent record of subs, but Neither of them have submitted guys in years. And top 5 guys ain't even scurred of their ground game.

Shit Gsp made nicks look amateurish.

I don't think either have changed their ground game, and adjusted ro the massive change in bjj no gi defense that's come about in the last few years

Paul Harris vs. John Fitch at the McClellan Conference Center in Sacramento tomorrow. Kinda like fighting in the banquet room at the local Dennys. In the hood. :D

Paul Harris with the leg lock again. I don't think he held hit no longer than he needed to. Leg locks are tricky because once you start feeling the pain, it's already to late and your knee/ankle is shredded.

The Diaz's are just milking the payday for whatever time they have left. Can't believe Nick get a shot an Anderson.
Both are sharing a joint right now and laughing at that one.

Back