• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Always got love for machida. I just love his style.

that machida in the last part of the fight against weidman, that was awesome.

i hope we get to see more of that instead of just counter striker machida

Should be a decent card this weekend, tho it's again stacked heavily in favor of the Brazillions.

It's a fight night card in Brazil. Surely you're not surprised. :laughing

I feel like there has to be some kind of undisclosed off the books bonus for taking fights in these Brazilian motherland stacked cards for the non Brazilians.

I mean, sure everyone thinks they can win a fight. But Gagnon had to be like, "Joe Silva, bro... You want me to fight Barao? In Brazil? After he lost his belt to TJ? And fucking up the 177 main event? That nigga gon' be mad and try to kill me."

"Here's 30,000 dollars cold hard cash just for taking the fight."

"...Where do I sign?"

I thought that as well. I mean, they usually aren't total cans, but the odds are almost always absurdly lopsided. Tho, maybe since the non-Brazilians are often mid tier fighters, getting a higher profile fight is good enough due to potential exposure.

Hey, at least they're free cards. :D

Weidman trolls Vitor

:rofl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 55
And for a fight no one wants to see. All cause Hendricks is sponsored by reebok

I don't think they are going to make Hendricks vs Lawler 3. Is that the fight you are implying?

I am pretty sure Rory will be fighting for the #1 contender spot against Condit, Lombard or Hendricks.

Or as I posted before maybe GSP is coming back so they can't give Rory a title shot. Of course if Diaz beats Silva then hey Lawler vs Diaz 2!!!!

I don't think they are going to make Hendricks vs Lawler 3. Is that the fight you are implying?

I am pretty sure Rory will be fighting for the #1 contender spot against Condit, Lombard or Hendricks.

Or as I posted before maybe GSP is coming back so they can't give Rory a title shot. Of course if Diaz beats Silva then hey Lawler vs Diaz 2!!!!

Unfortunately it looks like Lawler/Hendricks III is gonna happen. The PPV numbers came in and they were strong. Probably a big part due to the Pettis fight as well but big PPV numbers for 181 means chances of immediate rubber match just got even higher.

I don't like it but whateryagonnado? :dunno I bought 181. Doubt I'd buy Lawler/Hendricks 3 unless the rest of the card is just stupid stacked. 178 was one of my favorite events this year. I loved that card. It delivered hand over fist. I would pay for that kinda card even with the main event I don't really care that much about.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it looks like Lawler/Hendricks III is gonna happen. The PPV numbers came in and they were strong. Probably a big part due to the Pettis fight as well but big PPV numbers for 181 means chances of immediate rubber match just got even higher.

I don't like it but whateryagonnado? :dunno I bought 181. Doubt I'd buy Lawler/Hendricks 3 unless the rest of the card is just stupid stacked. 178 was one of my favorite events this year. I loved that card. It delivered hand over fist. I would pay for that kinda card even with the main event I don't really care that much about.

Crap man, no one wants to see that 3rd fight already. Oh well, some big PPV cards coming up with 184 as the finale and some AWESOME (UFC on fox 14) free cards inbetween as well. The best time of the year for fight fans is Dec to the superbowl.

So sick of immediate rematches.

There was only one fight in the past that I did not mind an immediate rematch but it was the only one that did not get an immediate rematch.

Gus vs Jones I would have been ok with but now the wait will be worth it!

Romero vs Kennedy I would have been ok with

Penn vs Edgar, Edgar vs Henderson, and now Lawler vs Hendricks...not cool

and why did lawler have to fight twice to get a rematch? hendricks should have to fight someone while rory gets a shot at it

guy is 1-2 in his last three, why does he get an immediate title shot again

and why did lawler have to fight twice to get a rematch? hendricks should have to fight someone while rory gets a shot at it

guy is 1-2 in his last three, why does he get an immediate title shot again

Hendricks was injured during that time. Lawler didn't want to sit and wait.

Did you guys that the UFC re signed Rampage? Im not sure but I think he might still be under contract with Bellator :p

Back