• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Could still happen. IDK if Cruz is going to retire because of this. ACLs aren't career ending injuries like they used to be but damn. He JUST came back for being on the shelf for 3 years.

As much as I'd love to see that, I could only see that fight maybe happening if there were no other contenders.

there are no other contendors, unless we want yet another rematch.

Im just sick of the same two guys fighting for the titles in nearly every division.

let barao win another or so. the faber fight has built in story they can exploit from the word go

otherwise offer the fight to mighty mouse, and let him try to be the first dual champion. actually, I like that idea a lot.

Last edited:
there are no other contendors, unless we want yet another rematch.

Im just sick of the same two guys fighting for the titles in nearly every division.

let barao win another or so. the faber fight has built in story they can exploit from the word go

otherwise offer the fight to mighty mouse, and let him try to be the first dual champion. actually, I like that idea a lot

I'd be okay with that.

Big rumors that brock is heading back to the UFC. I guess his contract is up with the dubya dubya in about 90 days. I wouldn't mind seeing him back especially if he joins a gym instead of his own, it was always exciting when he was fighting hate him or love him. Another rumor was that he will be training along CM punk at Duke roufus

Big rumors that brock is heading back to the UFC.

Evidently Brock is as strong as he looks. I trained with Erik Paulson in kickboxing and submission wrestling about a month ago and he was telling a few stories. Before holding pads for Brock, he would warm up on the bench press. He said that if you didn't want a shoulder separation, you'd make sure you were warmed up before holding for the guy.

Last edited:
Brock is a genetic freak. a serious monster. troubles with diverticulitus and an aversion to getting hit seemed to be a big issue. I wonder how good he could have been had he stayed healthy and evolved his game past "im a huge beast"

what was weird in his last fight with overeem he seemed totally not interested in wrestling, super aprehensive, just not the same guy

Brock is a genetic freak. a serious monster. troubles with diverticulitus and an aversion to getting hit seemed to be a big issue. I wonder how good he could have been had he stayed healthy and evolved his game past "im a huge beast"

what was weird in his last fight with overeem he seemed totally not interested in wrestling, super aprehensive, just not the same guy

What's that Mike Tyson quote about getting punched in the face?

Brock has wrestled all his life, he's never had to worried about someone trying to K him TFO. I imagine Reem is a scary dude if he's standing in front of you trying to cause you drain bamage. I imagine Brock probably was thinking "WTF am I doing?" Just hasn't had a lot of striking experience. His technique was never good, he's just incredibly fast and powerful.

And despite being knocked out a bunch of times, I don't think Reem is afraid of anyone and it probably comes across that way in the ring. Dude has had, what, 50 or 60 MMA fights and how many pro kickboxing fights? He really doesn't give a damn who you are, he's going to try to put you to sleep.

Anyways, I do want to see Brock back in UFC. I imagine with better/more training, he's still got some entertaining matches left in him.

As for the BW title, Faber and TJ are lovers, so they won't ever fight each other. Plus, I think Faber knows he can't beat TJ.

Cruz.... sheesh. I've given up hope on him.

Cruz says he's definitely not retiring. But we'll see how long he's out this time...

What are you guys doing for 182?

I am watching the Ravens vs Steelers game then the UFC PPV here at my house with my brothers, cousins, and my uncle. Pizza, beer, and tequila on deck

Haven't decided yet. I haven't looked if any theaters near me are showing 182. If they are, I might do that. Sneak in some liquor. If not, then I found a bar near my office that's a lot less crowded than Buffalo Wild Wings so I might go there. If I'm super lazy or hungover from Friday or something, then I'll just stay home and order it on ufc.tv or Youtube.

Haven't decided yet. I haven't looked if any theaters near me are showing 182. If they are, I might do that. Sneak in some liquor. If not, then I found a bar near my office that's a lot less crowded than Buffalo Wild Wings so I might go there. If I'm super lazy or hungover from Friday or something, then I'll just stay home and order it on ufc.tv or Youtube.

You just watch alone?

I do now. I used to watch with a friend most of the time before I moved here earlier this year.

I will probably do the same and watch it at home. Have you guys order the PPV fights with YouTube or UFC.tv? How is your experience with it?

Probably cook my chili and drink sour beers.

My pics:
1. DC
2. The Cowboy
3. Nate "The Great"
4. Kyoji
5.Lombard

You guys want to try something for 2015? Do pics for every PPV fight and the person with the most wins at the end of 2015 gets bragging rights or we can figure out something different. It will be easy for me to keep track and will post after every PPV which person with what wins.

Last edited:
without some kind of odds system, it would be too easy to just pick favorites all the time

I will probably do the same and watch it at home. Have you guys order the PPV fights with YouTube or UFC.tv? How is your experience with it?

Probably cook my chili and drink sour beers.

My pics:
1. DC
2. The Cowboy
3. Nate "The Great"
4. Kyoji
5.Lombard

You guys want to try something for 2015? Do pics for every PPV fight and the person with the most wins at the end of 2015 gets bragging rights or we can figure out something different. It will be easy for me to keep track and will post after every PPV which person with what wins.

I watched 181 on ufc.tv

Only issue I had was it would stop and ask me to sign in again. I don't know if that was just a one time thing or if it was because of my ISP or what. It's never happened before when I use fight pass for live fights.

I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money again and have the same issue. Maybe I need to call their help line and tell them what happened.

Last edited:
could have been a browser/cookie issue.

If it happens again, try switching to a different browser.

I did. I switched to IE which I keep on automatic cookie delete whenever I shut it down. You know... cuz of pr0n reasons. Same issue.

Back