• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

It's very hard for me to bet against jones. I mean dude had only every had a single fight that was even competitive. He destroys

I've never actually bet money on mma before (other than on Jones this weekend). I feel like I should start. Not a lot, maybe just 100 bucks a month. Maybe half on favorites and the other half on underdogs. I waste more money than that on beer and eating out when I don't need to.

I did give 50 bucks to a friend who will be in Vegas over new year weekend and told him to put that on Jones. Bring me back my money if he wins. Won't get much return on that but hey, it's something. :dunno I did have a friend pick up my tab at a bar before when there was a Silva fight on I forgot about.

Definitely a few fighters where it's just not smart to bet against, Jones being 1, unless you're really just ready to say goodbye to your money or by happy if the other guy wins and get that big return.

I wouldn't bet against Honda and I wouldn't bet against Pettis.

I'd bet against Aldo though.

Holly Holm is schedule to fight on Feb. 28. Been waiting forever for this chick to fight in the UFC.

It's very hard for me to bet against jones. I mean dude had only every had a single fight that was even competitive. He destroys

Most people are picking Cormier to win this fight. Im not sure if it is hate for Jones or what.

If I had to bet on the fight I would pick Cormier. He has never lost a round, dominated everyone including HWs, trains with Cain on a daily, really high fight IQ, fast, mobile, strong, great wrestling. I can easily convince myself that Jones can win the fight also so I really don't know.

I want to believe Cormier can win this fight and has a really good chance to do so but I know for sure Bones IS THE BEST fighter Cormier has ever fought so I am really unsure about this fight

Ya, you have to give credit when credit is due. Jon Jones is a great fighter and probably go down as one of the best but he will go down hated by most fans. What did it for me was when Jon Jones opponent got injured 10 days before the fight and Sonen stepped in. Jones said "No way" and they had to cancel the whole UFC PPV event. WTF! Most fighters, like TJ Dillashaw, would say yes and bring it on.

Ya, you have to give credit when credit is due. Jon Jones is a great fighter and probably go down as one of the best but he will go down hated by most fans. What did it for me was when Jon Jones opponent got injured 10 days before the fight and Sonen stepped in. Jones said "No way" and they had to cancel the whole UFC PPV event. WTF! Most fighters, like TJ Dillashaw, would say yes and bring it on.

I think Jones' reasons for not taking the fight made sense. Sonnen is a very different fighter than Henderson and jones was prepared for Henderson. Jones has been clear that his success has come from preparation. Not sure why he should be expected to put his title on the line against a guy whose record wouldn't have gotten him anywhere near a title shot otherwise.

Well, I would only agree because Sonen was drug up to the gills but Sonen isn't a great fighter, but a great talker. wasn't like Sonen was doing any hardcore training during time. You have one fighter that has been training for months for a fight and then you have a fighter that only has 10 days to get ready to fight a freak athlete. Good luck with that.

I don't disagree with how you characterize Sonnen, but anything can happen in a fight and Sonnen had absolutely nothing to lose. No real upside for Jones to step into that.

Ya, that argument is solid. lol. I have nothing to say after that. Really, I am more pissed of at Dana White for canceling it.

Just watched the weigh ins, the main card is pretty awesome!!!!

got chills from the promo right before Jones and Cormier were weighed. Damn they did a good job. Happy they were both warned and threatened with their fight purses if anything happened at weigh ins although it made a weak/no stare down. I really hope Cormier doesn't have an adrenaline/hate dump in the first round like Cerrone did against Diaz.

Ya, didn't like how DC face his back to the audience... Kinda lame.

So I guess I'll be at a bar somewhere in SF to watch the fight. I came here only for NYE and haven't left yet.

steven freakin egal showed DC SECRET moves the other day lol with his high res shooter gogles and big fat coat, he showed up to DC gym and made him everyone leave and the cameras turn off

also cain outright said the hardest fight of his entire career was sparring cormier.

hope this fight delivers

Have you guys been watching the embedded vlog videos during fight week. DC's composure is fucking cracking. It's hilarious. That good guy bad guy thing has gone out the window. It's obvious they both just hate each other.

Jones: why don't you go hydrate?

DC: why don't you shut the fuck up, bitch?

Lol

Jon is SO in his head it's not even funny. Jon is just poking him with a stick now to get a reaction and DC isn't even trying to be the bigger man anymore(no pun intended).

cormier is fucking HYPED lol

I dont think its one sided tho, jones looks way stressed and acting weird too.

also jones looks crazy skinny at the weight ns. which is odd because hes been getting progressibely bigger, more muscular, and more mature looking. it was almost odd how skinny he looked. wonder if its by design and built into a gameplan? jackson is no joke when it comes to scheming, and jones may be concotong some serious craziness for takedown eand bottom escapes. one thing about jones is he is innovative and freakish in his moves.

I stil think jones wins, but Ill admit I kind of want comier to win. jones just has more ways to win, but cormier has never even been in trouble before, and manhandled some big men. hes strong with KO power, and with crazy wrasslin.

If DC loses. I don't want to hear I been injured BS.

agreed. though he does get credit for basically taking the fight with a messed up knee. I worry how those jones oblique knee kicks will play into it,.

man, sometimes its crazy to think this is a fight in which one guy has only ever even been in a compettaove fight once, and the other guy has never even lost a round.

Last edited:
Back