• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

FaJ48If.gif

:rofl Point fighter got out pointed that night. Ben should be FINISHING guys but he plays it safe and thus you end up with decisions such as this.

Cerrone looked flat but what can you expect having such a short lay off. I swear I've only seen Benson finish two guys his entire career...and Shane Roller was in the WEC.

Kev why the Hate for Aldo?

:rofl Point fighter got out pointed that night. Ben should be FINISHING guys but he plays it safe and thus you end up with decisions such as this.

^^^ This

Cerrone took him down twice, and and controlled the middle of the ring for most of the fight, with Bendo backing up and taking pot shots. Don't get me wrong, they were good shots, but when you let the judges make decisions on the little things like ring control, takedowns and takedown defense, etc., it's a crap shoot.

Just finish the mofo, then there's no way they can take it from you.

CM's movement, accuracy, and ability to range is the real deal and Aldo is going to have his hands full.

This guy will punch you in the face really hard and make you pay for landing leg kicks.

Again, I think Aldo is going to have his hands full with this kid.

finally was able to watch the fights yesterday.
Painful to see the ultimate fighter winner from China (Matsuda) landing those groin shots. He needs to train with different partners who match up to future opponents.

Spencer got robbed! Bad call........

I like Uriah Hall-representing NYC! Seems like he has found humility and a better working knowledge of how to fight in the UFC.....

McGregor is exciting to watch. Prediction-he will win the belt and keep it for a long time, test positive for amphetamines and end up on celebrity rehab.

Last edited:
Aldo is going to fucking murder Mcgregor. Don't get me wrong I have been fully enjoying the hype-train thus far, but he has basically been handed a title fight for next to nothing but shit talking. He's bypassing several guys whom could easily shut him down and he has still yet to truly be tested vs. a champ level fighter let alone the guy who is 15-0 vs. these guys..

I'm looking forward to watching Gus dance around Rumble this weekend :D

Last edited:
My thoughts on the card:

Overall, it pretty much blew. Boring, in general. Literally FFW thru some of the fights they were such snoozers.

As everyone knows, Pendred got delivered a nice fake win wrapped in a bow, on a silver platter. Not NEARLY as bad of a robbery as the Sanchez/Pearson fight, but pretty bad.

First, his takedowns didn't mean shit in my eyes. Second, his striking is so bad, its painful to watch. He delivers his punches parcel post. Telegraph is too fast and unpredictable compared to that garbage. Dude belongs in WSOF, if that. Did he actually land any strikes?

Bendo/Cowboy. In my eyes, no good outcome from this. Two of my favorite fighters and even Cowboy knew he probably should have lost that fight. Wouldn't call it a straight up robbery because Benson didn't really cause much damage, but neither did Cerrone. Problem with two buddies fighting like this is that they get hesitant. Not that you need ill will to fight someone, but few bro fights turn out well.

McGregor/Siver...

First off, I like Siver as a fighter, loved watching him shut down Sotoropolis and he's had some other entertaining fights. But... honestly if the dude wasn't so bulky in the back/shoulders, he really has more of a 135lb frame. And he's had 32 fights over the span of 11 years and is towards the end of his career. I would have giggled had he pulled off an upset, but I wasn't expecting one. I think Connor should have had to fight Lamas or Edgar before getting Aldo. I think those two guys have a VERY good chance of shutting down McGregor. I realize nobody wants to watch Aldo beat the same three guys over and over, but McGregor really didn't beat any contenders on the way to the title fight.

McGregor... I thought his brashness was entertaining and funny, but the lead up to this fight has changed my mind on that. He comes off trashy and retarded. He can fight, no doubt, and he can talk shit like a mofo, but he does NOT have what Chael had. No matter what happened inside or outside the cage in his life, no matter how over the top his schtick got, he always made me chuckle. McGregor doesn't have that. He believes his own hype and comes off a little dim.

All I gotta say is he better beat down Aldo or else he better STFU.

I think Connor should have had to fight Lamas or Edgar before getting Aldo. I think those two guys have a VERY good chance of shutting down McGregor.

I totally agree with this. Either of these guys would be a fun match up to watch.

And both worlds beyond Siver.

But only because of their wrestling. I don't think either guy would make it far standing in front of CM. I think we are going to find that it is hard to take him down as well.

We'll see how it goes, but if he gets beaten by the champ then likely we will see him fight one of these two sooner or later. But think he will do well in a striking war with the champ. Can just tell by his control of range and his ridiculous speed. His speed is up there with Aldo.

I really don't care that he hasn't fought Lamas or Edgar or Mendes, because of their wrestling that will supposedly derail the hype train. We aren't watching wrestling. It's mma and I'm not going to make the assumption that because he hasn't fought those kind of guys and shown improved ground game means that he can't. Maybe he knocks their block off before they even get the chance to hump him for 5 rounds.

If he beats the best (Aldo, not a wrestler), who already beat those wrestlers then he's the best. And even if he loses, then he's going to be given top competition going forward from then so one of those guys is in his future at some point anyway. They'll have their chance to prove a point.

So, sit down and shut up! Just wait.:twofinger

It ain't even just about wrestling. Look what Edgar did to Cub. Did not expect that at all. Just saying, Edgar, Lamas and Mendes are on a different level to anyone McGregor has fought to this point. Not saying McGregor has only fought scrubs, but I wouldn't quite say he's going to steamroll Aldo based on past results. Maybe he will, but if he did to Edgar what he did to Siver, I'd be more of a firm believer.

I didn't place a lot of faith in Cub's win streak in the first place going into his fight with Frankie.

I don't think either of them are steam rolling the other in the Conor/Aldo fight. Only people who really think that are the drunk Boston/Irish fans from Sunday night.

UFC Fight Night-Saturday.

Gustafsson defeats Johnson
Henderson loses to himself
Davis defeats Bader
Sicilia defeats Corrasani

my predictions.
What you got?

The fight at 185... I think Hendo wins. I agree with your other predictions.

UFC Fight Night-Saturday.

Gustafsson defeats Johnson
Henderson loses to himself
Davis defeats Bader
Sicilia defeats Corrasani

my predictions.
What you got?

Sounds about right to me.

I'm rooting for Rumble though.

but, but if Rumble wins then does he have a chance against Mr. Bones?
hmmmmm

Other announced fights.

Faber/Assuncao in March.

Henderson/Masvidal in April.

Cerrone/Khabib at 187.

Back