• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

I never really understood the first time the ufc cut Johnson, the guy always gave a good fight.
Hope is renewed for a Jones loss.

Dude he was a welterweight at one point!

He fought Dan Hardy and koshcheck at WW

He actually missed weight four times over two weight classes

Last edited:
Bad night for me, 1-4. Now I am 7-8 :( I guess never bet on a Swede when they are fighting at home. I like how Rumble was able to apply really good pressure on Alex and gave 0 fucks about Alex punches. Johnson is a scary dude. Any one else thinks that Dan got stop too early or would it even matter if the Ref kept the fight going?

I rarely agree with times when people think there was a stop to early.

it might be just me but I always er on the side of caution. you get rocked and are eating shot? hey man, that shit is more dangerous long term than anything else.

Specially at Dan's age. Really, Hendo should retire. I don't see him getting the UFC belt. He will go down as one of the greats and had a great career.

You go out for a split second and the fight can get called. I'm more irritated about shitty judging. Bader last that fight. Still not even on the same plane as the Sanchez/Pearson fight, but that was a bad call. Still, Davis could have done more.

What'd I say about AJ being dangerous? :D was rooting for Gus, but I'm down with Rumble. Shit, I was a little scare for GSP several years back. Dude has really go his shit together. Will be rooting for him again.

I'm surprise Davis wasn't able to utilize his wrestling on Bader and control the fight. That's what I thought how it would go down.

I was expecting Alex to use his foot work/distance and boxing to wear out Rumble for a couple of rounds and then go for the kill. I don't know if Johnson gas tank can do 5 rounds, specially with constant pressure. Rumble made Alex play his game and got the kill.

I feel this is better here than the gif thread.

ZoJX6MP.gif

I'm surprise Davis wasn't able to utilize his wrestling on Bader and control the fight. That's what I thought how it would go down.

I was expecting Alex to use his foot work/distance and boxing to wear out Rumble for a couple of rounds and then go for the kill. I don't know if Johnson gas tank can do 5 rounds, specially with constant pressure. Rumble made Alex play his game and got the kill.

I really want Davis to go to Bellator (aka Get Cut). His striking is atrocious, and his fights are F'ng BORING.

And I really couldn't tell you who I wanna see get their head taken off more between McGregor and Bones. I think were gonna see a "Cub Swanson-esque" type finish from Aldo.

Last edited:
I was glad Bader won.
Alex cried which made Johnson almost cry.
Refs made some early stoppages and the crowd was awake and rowdy at 3:45 in the morning.

Mousasi actually looked like his old self. Was glad to see that although it did seem like an early stoppage. But I think Gegard was pretty much going to pound him out. Dudes too accurate to let that get away.

Rumble Johnson. Goddam his power, and more importantly his speed in delivering that power is scary. Dude looks like he can knock Jones's head into the upper deck. Jesus.

Hope to see him utterly disembowel Jones.

Personally I would like to see Jones be challenged and come out victorious.

I wanna see Jones get teabagged. He's taken douche to a whole new level. He's surpassed even Tito in the douche department, but is even less likable.

Rumble Johnson. Goddam his power, and more importantly his speed in delivering that power is scary. Dude looks like he can knock Jones's head into the upper deck. Jesus.

Hope to see him utterly disembowel Jones.

I wanna see Jones get teabagged. He's taken douche to a whole new level. He's surpassed even Tito in the douche department, but is even less likable.

This is the same fucking song and dance every time Jones fights now. His opponent is supposedly the guy with the perfect skill set to dethrone the king. And then Jones makes them look like a scrub.

Johnson is not beating Jones. And after Rumble, there is no challenger with a legit claim to a title shot right now. Gus is now at least 2 fights away from getting back into that title shot picture. He's going to have to fight DC next and he could potentially lose that fight and be on a 2 loss skid. But at this rate, Jones will be fighting at Heavyweight before Gus strings together enough fights to warrant the rematch. And even if Rumble does beat Jones, it's just going to result in an immediate rematch but that's not even a concern because Rumble isn't going to win. At this rate, OSP is more likely to fight Jones after Rumble and that sounds ridiculous even saying it. I'm more curious who the next LHW to run out of the division to 185 will be. Maybe DC will run back to HW.

This is what's going to happen. Jones is going to beat Rumble. DC is probably going to beat Gus. And then Rumble and Gus will get paired in a rematch since they will both be coming off a loss.

P.S. I've been on the Jones hype train since it left the station years ago and the then undefeated Ryan Bader was supposed to be derailing the Jones hype train. I'm not even that bothered by his fuck ups and other shiz. Dude is just a little younger than me. Money and fame do weird things to people. Especially young people.

I only really care what he does in the cage. And the train is blasting full speed ahead. TOOT TOOT, motherfuckers.

P.P.S. Jon's reaction when Gus got knocked out. And this will be my reaction when Jones beats Rumble and leaves with his belt, again. There is no Chris Weidman vs Silva type fighter coming up in the division that Jon has to worry about. DC was supposed to be to Jones what Weidman was to Silva and we know how that turned out.

3vKJqc7.gif

Last edited:
I'm not saying Rumble will for sure beat Jones, I'd just love it if he did. :D

I don't expect professional fighters, or athletes in general, to be Mother Teresa, but this guy almost tries to come off like a tool. First thing he tweets after this last fight is something GSP said off the cuff friggin' seven(?) years ago and has since apologized for multiple times. Dude just doesn't have what it takes to be a good heel. Ali had it. Chael had it. Jones don't. This is still the entertainment business after all. I gotta give it to him, tho, he's entertaining to root against. :D Won't be getting a dime from me any more, tho. At least not in PPV money.

Back