• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Diaz ruined the fight for me with all the WWF bullshit he was doing. He's known for taunting his opponents but that was on a completely different level.

Fight confirms silva needs retire. Go out with a win, be glad you came back from that injury. Lots of heart, but age it catching him. I gotta think actual top 5 MW beat him now

Yep. Should do like GSP and retire with a win.

Weidman doesn't make sense, Vitor would probably get the best of him this time, won't fight Machida, Rockhold would likely beat him.

As for Diaz, dude just needs to go away. Tired of hearing about him/them.

:laughing

True, true. :D Tho how big of an underdog was Wiedman first time they fought? Hell, he was an underdog the second time they fought.

Best he can do at this point is end with a W, tho.

The total disclosed payroll was $2,142,000.

The full UFC 183 payouts included:

Anderson Silva: $800,000 (includes $200,000 win bonus)
def. Nick Diaz: $500,000

Tyron Woodley: $139,000 (includes $65,000 win bonus)*
def. Kelvin Gastelum: $21,000*

Al Iaquinta: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Joe Lauzon: $36,000

Thales Leites: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus)
def. Tim Boetsch: $52,000

Thiago Alves: $84,000 (includes $42,000 win bonus)
def. Jordan Mein: $22,000

Miesha Tate: $76,000 (includes $38,000 win bonus)
def. Sara McMann: $25,000

Derek Brunson: $50,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus)
def. Ed Herman: $47,000

John Lineker: $35,700 (includes $21,000 win bonus)+
def. Ian McCall: $22,300+

Rafael Natal: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)
def. Tom Watson: $16,000

Ildemar Alcantara: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)
def. Richardson Moreira: $8,000

Thiago “Marreta” Santos: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
def. Andy Enz: $8,000

* – After missing weight Gastelum fined 30 percent of purse, which was awarded to Woodley
+ – After missing weight, Lineker fined 30 percent of purse, which was awarded to McCall

You guys say you were not impress by Anderson after he came back from that horrific injury? Can't expect Anderson to be like his old self in the first fight from his injury. I think Anderson condition was very well and probably go for another two rounds with Diaz.

You guys say you were not impress by Anderson after he came back from that horrific injury? Can't expect Anderson to be like his old self in the first fight from his injury. I think Anderson condition was very well and probably go for another two rounds with Diaz.

I'm impressed he returned from injury.

I'm less impressed by the performance against a hand picked opponent that has no advantage and was a perfect stylistic match up for silva

I don't think anyone expected him to be 100%, but a 75% Anderson should have put away a 100% Diaz.

I felt that Anderson felt disrespected and didn't want to play these stupid games with Nick.

I agree that Nick can go away and never be heard from again. He basically ruined my opinion of him in that fight. If you ask me, he basically stole what could have been a great fight from Anderson. Sure Anderson got the W but a decision from him is meh, injury or no injury. Anderson finishes fights.

Nick was super cool and respectful leading up to the fight, probably changed a number of people's view of him, and then pulled some straight up bullshit once he got in the cage. WTF, bro.

209 can eat my ass.

Didn't change my view of him. I knew he was still a douche at heart. Saw the highlights and some of the crap he pulled which I think is just an antic/defense mechanism. I think he was "respectful" leading up to the fight because there was really no ammo to use. If he called Anderson a bitch or whatever, people would take him less seriously that they even did before.

Anderson taunts in different ways and I do think it has been annoying in the past, but not overtly douche like the Diaz goofballs. I saw the highlights, not the fight, and it looks like he notched up the douche level to another level. Better to fight like a man and get KTFO than screw around and lose a decision.

Didn't change my view of him. I knew he was still a douche at heart. Saw the highlights and some of the crap he pulled which I think is just an antic/defense mechanism. I think he was "respectful" leading up to the fight because there was really no ammo to use. If he called Anderson a bitch or whatever, people would take him less seriously that they even did before.

Anderson taunts in different ways and I do think it has been annoying in the past, but not overtly douche like the Diaz goofballs. I saw the highlights, not the fight, and it looks like he notched up the douche level to another level. Better to fight like a man and get KTFO than screw around and lose a decision.

He turned the douche/bullshit up to 11... It was seriously stupid. Ref should have told him to knock that shit off.

When he laid down on the floor, I almost wanted to get up and leave the bar.

Last edited:
Also, did y'all see Derek Brunson's knock out? not bad...

Overall, the card wasn't too bad. First 3 fights were finishes. Not sure how I feel about Woodley's performance.

Prelims were decent too. One of the more 'stacked' prelim cards I can remember.

Recorded the prelims, only made it thru the first two fights, need to go back and watch the rest. Too bad McCall had to fight a BW. I think McCall COULD beat MM. Lineker won't even get the chance to try, which is good. Too bad it sets McCall back, tho.

Meh. One could easily expect more from the proverbial GOAT. Many including myself have bounced back from broken bones in the same or lesser time without having the best doctors , PTs , and trainers in the business behind us. Conditioning is whatever, it doesn't change the fact that he had little to nothing to offer to someone below the level of competition he should normally be competing against. I think his head is out of the game and his championship career is over. As a fan I have more issue with him ruining his legacy with lackluster performances than sticking around and getting walked on by the new kids in town.

Last edited:
B8vZwiyCQAASpzD.jpg

Back