• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

Surprise Dan jelly is going to fight Walsh after that fool came in 7 pounds over.

Glad Dan won, but honestly I didn't really care because both of these guys were doing a sparing session. Walsh just throwing over hand punches...

Unless Ben can get this to the ground hes gonna loose in spectacular fashion. Hes finally on the other end of the fighting the larger guy stick. I know Frankie is going be tuned in laughing this one up.

So, uhhh. :laughing

That was a pretty awesome fight. By far the best on the card. Glad to see Benson get the W.

After this fight I would put Bendo in the top 10. He is going to have a hard road in front of him since all the fighters are bigger in 170.

i think theyre some intelligence to bendo moving up to WW.

a lot of WW's are big dudes who kill themslevs to drop weight. bendo could do the edgar thing, where by not cutting, they have crazy stamina and just go and go. bens already frentic pace could be a big bonus if he doesnt need to cut weight. I say stay up there

Henderson still cuts weight, just not as severely. GSP, I don't think is THAT much bigger than Benson. Just Thatch is huge for 170. I think he could pretty easily fight at MW.

Thing is, at 5'9", Henderson is shorter than many LW and even FW fighters, so even at LW, he generally does not have a height or reach advantage and has to use power, skill and stamina. But yes at WW he could be a fresher fighter with somewhat of a speed advantage. Hell, Hendricks isn't that much taller than Benson, but he does carry around a fair amount more weight.

I think there are a lot of guys at WW who'd give Henderson trouble, but I think he could do well there.

Hell, if this last fight was a three rounder, I still think he won rounds 1 and 3. Might not be a bad career move.

Didn't think Henderson would win the stand up, but judging by no damage on his face and tons of damage on Thatch's face, he did. Was a good fight. Benson is a damn warrior.

Fighting with the toothpick in mouth still feels like a bad decision though, albeit gangster.

Wait he did the toothpick thing again?

:laughing

You didn't catch that? The second he stood up after the ref stopped the fight, the toothpick popped out. There was NO attempt at hiding in. :D In fact, there was a point in the fight, where he kinda did something with his mouth that made me think he had it in there. :laughing

Yeah, pulls out mouthpiece and there is a toothpick sitting there.

He cheeks that shit for the fight. Maybe up alongside mouthguard? I don't know, but damn.

Dudes a bully.

I won money on Benson's fight.

Same here LMAO. I went with my head on this one not my heart. Good on Ben for getting it to the ground. I think hes got an advantage fighting closer to his natural weight. He would be much more exciting if he could just take exciting fights between the weight classes.

I thought he was a little full of himself calling out Rory though.

Back