• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/2...hletic-commission-issues-memo-about-dangerous

n a memo obtained from executive director Andy Foster by MMAFighting.com, the CSAC said severe weight cuts and dehydration can cause "life-threatening problems," like decreased kidney function and increased risk of brain injury.

Fighters missing weight and suffering after cutting a large amount of weight is a hot topic in MMA right now. On Saturday alone, UFC fighter T.J. Waldburger fainted during his weight cut and was not able to make it to the scale for weigh-ins. His bout against Wendell Oliveira at UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Mir in Porto Alegre, Brazil was canceled.

i wonder if having them weighed just before the fight would prevent that

You need same day weigh ins though I would prefer AC's test two weeks out and you need to be within a certain % of the limit in addition to it

Like for example a WW cannot be higher than 185 14 days out.

It will probably never happen. MMA/boxing makes money for having the weigh-in the day before and fighters will probably still cut weight like idiots. Fighters just need to stop doing extreme weight cuts and just fight in their true weight division. Anthony Johnson is a perfect example of that and Bendo just last weekend.

:twofinger
Feb 22, 2015 10:07:22 PM
2 Team Parlay #39806934

Mixed Martial Arts (Game) Moneyline

Both must Fight for Action.

UFC Fight Night 61 - Gigantinho Gymnasium, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

(7021) Michael "The Menace" Johnson +115 Feb 22/15@10:00p

Final Scores

Edson Barboza 0

Michael "The Menace" Johnson 1

Mixed Martial Arts (Game) Moneyline

Both must Fight for Action.

UFC Fight Night 61 - Gigantinho Gymnasium, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

(7023) Frank Mir +155 Feb 22/15@10:30p

Final Scores

Antonio Silva 0

Frank Mir 1

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Feb 22, 2015 10:56:11 PM

Web US$ 50.00 US$ 224.13

Everyone should do like GSP (well, at least as close as they can) and retire on a W.

Frank submitted Tank Freakin' Abbot, FFS. Time to do commentary, tho please stop using the phrase "gots to". :laughing

He is. He was great when he commentated for WEC, except he said "gots to", which is irritating as hell. :D Very knowledgeable. Honestly, if he'd clean up a few relatively minor grammatical issues, he'd be better than Rogan.

Anick has taken over Goldie for annoying commentators. :D I'd pay to see Mir pull Anick's head off. :p

He is. He was great when he commentated for WEC, except he said "gots to", which is irritating as hell. :D Very knowledgeable. Honestly, if he'd clean up a few relatively minor grammatical issues, he'd be better than Rogan.

Anick has taken over Goldie for annoying commentators. :D I'd pay to see Mir pull Anick's head off. :p

When Anick is on I just mute it and play Rogan's fight companions in the background.

Back