• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

The official Barf UFC/MMA thread

The odds are kind of crazy tonight for the main and co-main event. Both are -900 and +600. So much hype and high expectations for holly holms.

I figured that tied Frank Shamrock - Kevin Jackson many years ago but after review, nope, this one quicker.

Lol 14 fucking seconds

Ronda, just retire. These women have noting for you. RR is somuch better than everyone else it's almost embarrassing. She's a true mixed martial artist and judoka, the rest are pretty much scrubs by comparison

Maybe she needs to start fighting dudes.
Cat screwed up with the rush, outcome likely the same but it had more potential than that

McGeary vs Newton fight was entertaining. Mcgeary was very good off his back and I never seen so many triangle attempts. Newton was smart and roll over on his side to release pressure from the triangle.

I would like to see a rematch of Cat vs Ronda. I think she just derp it up.

I would like to see a rematch of Cat vs Ronda. I think she just derp it up.

I would like to see a rematch as well, could be possible

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/following-quick-ufc-184-submission-win-ronda-rousey-102011949--mma.html

Rousey later told the media what she said to the devastated Zingano during the event’s post-fight press conference.

“I said that we should do this again. I think she definitely deserves another shot, and sometimes fights just go down like that,” revealed Rousey.

“I’m lucky to have a lot of experience in Judo, and there were times that I walked out and just got dumped on my head right away. I wasn’t myself that day. It doesn’t mean that I didn’t deserve to be in that fight, or that I couldn’t beat the other person. It was just that for some reason I just wasn’t there,” added the champion. “I understand that feeling. I know what Cat is capable of, and I’d definitely like to see more of what she’s capable of.”

Zingano asked UFC president Dana White what she needed to do to get back to a title bout during the post-fight press conference. She wants to face opponents that are going lead to a rematch with Rousey.

“I just want to know what I need to do to get in there again. I mean, who is No. 2? I’ll fight them. I’ll get back. How do I get this again,” she asked the UFC president.

“I need fights. Let’s get it done. Whenever you’re ready,” he replied.

No fighter IQ. Cat just really showed how poor women's mma is outside of Honda housey. How could she be undefeated up to this point and then have that be her Titke fight plan?

Meanwhile holy lord, RR situational awareness and transtion game is a thing of beauty

JWyWFHh.gif

I wonder if Ronda would be down to do a catch weight of 140 to fight Cyborg.

There's no reason to do it at catch weight, esiecially not when you're the champ.

Cyborg wabts a shot, move down and get extra testing. She's never even fought in the UFC anyway.

Ya, this was the first time every fighter last night was tested before and after with blood and urine test.

I don't think there was a lot of cutting on either side to get to fight weight. They could almost do this again in less than a month.

holy lord, RR situational awareness and transtion game is a thing of beauty

JWyWFHh.gif

That's it in a nutshell. Everyone talks about how the next opponent is going to take Ronda down, but that slow-mo right there shows why she's so hard to beat. While her opponents are fighting, she's playing chess and she's 3 moves ahead from the time the bell rings.

Everyone talks about how the next opponent is going to take Ronda down, but that slow-mo right there shows why she's so hard to beat. While her opponents are fighting, she's playing chess and she's 3 moves ahead from the time the bell rings.

She has remarked that she's thinking about the submission while executing the throw.

She has remarked that she's thinking about the submission while executing the throw.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. :thumbup

Look how Cat went for the hip throw which would have put her on top, and instead Ronda went for the half cartwheel/half stepover and put Cat on the bottom. :wow As soon as she saw Cat come in with the knee she knew the next series of moves she was going to make to put Cat on the bottom and take her back. :cool

Back