• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Thoughts on AliExpress parts

B-mtrd

drtm-B
Moto(s)
The Mistress
I've seen a bunch of folks on Facebook groups ordering parts from AliExpress.
Personally I would not order something that requires a torque setting at installation, other than that I don't see an issue. I also think you might be getting the quality you're paying for.
Anyone has positive experiences with AliExpress parts? What else to stay away from?

Some cheap shit out on AliExpress. On a recommendation I purchased a kickstand shoe. $4.00 shipped from China and took a few weeks to get. Fit fine and works well. I did make sure to use loctite blue on the screws.

Most everything is made in China these days so whatever price you pay it’s still coming from the same place.
Why not pay less unless it’s a critical part

Picked up a headlight guard for my little adv bike and it's been fine and dandy. Got some LED clutch and brake levers because are you kidding me LED controls hell yes bet it looks sick but haven't installed them yet because cheap manufacturing is not great for brake components. I'll put 'em on at some point.
Also picked up a set of badges to replace the stock ones on the sides of the fairing, but one is smooth and shiny and the other is embossed and matte finish. :laughing

I have a radiator guard knockoff evotech, most likely same factory to make it and a mid pipe which I haven't installed

Chinese parts are generally junk in my book. And if the part is patented by the original manufacturer, it’s a further hard no. China is notorious for violating patent laws world wide. F ‘em.

And a while back there was a BARF thread on cheap Chinese brake levers that had all kinds of problems including causing crashes.

A non critical add on farkle? Maybe..... But I much prefer ordering, and even paying a bit more for, something from a more reputable source. Yes, I know many things are made in China, from reputable companies. But they have QC staff in place to make sure you are getting what you pay for. Aliexpress is very different... bottom of the barrel and a crap shoot.

I have some TI headers - they were not backpurged, so I'd expect that's about the norm for most Alibaba stuff. Kinda marginal TI in terms of quality, but functional and haven't blown through.

And a while back there was a BARF thread on cheap Chinese brake levers that had all kinds of problems including causing crashes.
I had some of those way back in the day nothing a little grinding on the curbs at four corners didn't fix when it didn't work right. got lucky I caught it on slow speed stuff and it was only the back brake. Had enough tools to take it off and grind it down the caveman way until it worked correctly.

No and the from the sound of it nope nope nope.

Radiator guard, lever guard, and blinkers,
Bulbs, license plate holder are only good parts from AliExpress.

Not from AliExpress, but I bought a Chinese radiator for my Concours 14 after I put a big hole in the original. Huge difference between the Chinese and OEM radiators, in terms of construction and costs, but I got it to fit and it worked. That was 50k miles ago.

Back