• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 miles down, brogability done and leg raises without really counting. diet's (lowering daily calorie intake by a couple hundred calories) going well and abs are slowly becoming visible again. i'll give it another month or so before i start tanning since i haven't had abs in years.

lunch:
pure protein bar
nature valley protein bar
2 coffees
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz NY steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover calories:
2 scoops of protons

How many people in here know what role your homeostasis plays in increasing your strength, speed, endurance, etc.?

Does anybody want to have a discussion on how your body really works for better understanding on how to get into your best shape for the sport you're interested in?

homeostasis of what? there are so many systems that need to say in-range to feel good, and id bet many can be forced out of range during exercise. this convo could be endless hehe.

homeo-what?
Homeostasis is that state that your cells want to stay in and which they function best in. When you introduce new levels of stress on the cells, they get taken out of the homeostasis state, so they make adjustments to ensure a homeostasis state for the new condition you exposed it to. This is how your body changes as a result of working out. What you are doing is taking your cells out of their comfort zone and causing them to adapt (Adaptation). It's much more complicated than that, but this description is the start of the conversation.

I think im going to buy a rower. Nothing crazy, we used the concept 2s at the gym and they seem ok. Peloton is suppose to come out with a rower not sure I want to wait for it as im sure it will be sold out even before it starts to ship.

I think im going to buy a rower. Nothing crazy, we used the concept 2s at the gym and they seem ok. Peloton is suppose to come out with a rower not sure I want to wait for it as im sure it will be sold out even before it starts to ship.
Be sure to check on craigslist, first.

Back in the 80's, when rowing machines first came out, it seemed like half the guys between 25 and 40 had one under their bed that had been there after one or two uses. :rofl

oh they are all over. Ive checked on FB and CL. Looks like micro-gyms that had to close are selling them.

1000-1500

Would be cool to have a connected rower but also not looking to spend over a grand for one.

concept 2 is your absolute best bang for your buck rower.

you need nothing else.

and those are some serious pandemic prices. i got my c2 rower for 400 bucks before all this.

people are selling everything at price or marked up. Brand new is 900 but also completely sold out and im assume will be over 1k with taxes and shipping.

might be a dumb question can you change the resistance on a water rower? Ive never used one only seen them from a distance.

Last edited:

That's a ridiculous price, that piece retails for $1100 https://www.waterrower.com/us/natural-rowing-machine.html
Also, I have a buddy who got a wood Waterrower and is not happy with it. Mine is aluminum, the M1 Highrise.

might be a dumb question can you change the resistance on a water rower? Ive never used one only seen them from a distance.

Yes, add water to the tank.

I finally got my Wahoo to sync with the App to push my rides to Strava without using the Polar app.

This bicycle is my best fitness move in years

My buddy got a flat and I had to leave him with my other friend :(

weather was amazing, sunny, not windy.

Last edited:
Just did an hour zoom training with my buddy's personal trainer. Wow I feel pretty worked out. I'm sure my core will be sore tomorrow!

69 this month. 25 miles on the Cannondale this morning. Long term goal of 70 miles on my 70th birthday seems within reach now. Oh, yeah. . .Spotify is now my best friend and Alvin Lee's guitar was today's soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back