• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Platform done and finally got my plates and bar. Debating on a squat stand or not.

A couple days of due to smoke in the air.

Hit the pool and felt great. It was a breeze getting to 60 laps. Thought 80 here we come. No problem.

A big calf cramp in lap 61 changed my mind. :laughing
Since I added the extra 50 UW punches to get to 70 that totals 350.

85 minutes of not thinking about work.

3rd week in a row of personal training 1 hour on Fridays. I get worked out good. Then during the week I do my own thing exercise wise. I'm worried about future bicycles rides due to the air quality.

4 miles down, a little faster than a few days ago. 7:15 pace the way there and 8:30 the way back. got my heartrate up to 196bpm at one point which is pretty good. the stress of the week was getting to me and exhausting my heart (without dying) was much needed.

lunch:
1/4 of a totino's pizza because i dropped 3/4 of it on the floor on accident
1 proton bar

dinner:
12 oz chicken thigh
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice

leftover cals:
1 proton bar
2 scoops of protons

went to my last PT appointment for my neck and have all of my homework moving forward for now to manage my symptoms. doing those now and going back to regular lifting soon without worrying about being too sore/immobile for PT.

Dubs, how long did it take for you to get that rubber gold?

Bought it from a guy in San Jose off Facebook marketplace. Haggled and wore him down. There’s enough for sale that someone will come down to under $3/lb.

Guys have created Facebook Titan and a rogue bots that will send you a Facebook message when certain items come in stock. Have to act fast though as plates in my cart were out of stock by the time I put my card in.

This diy landmine cost about $20. Harbor freight caster, remove wheel. Buy 2” piece of pvc from Home Depot. Drill hole. I cut pipe to 15” and drilled the hole around 2.5” mark. Olympic bar slides right in. Lots of exercises having a landmine attachment.

Do you cycling fitness gurus have a recommended vertical bicycle wall mount?

I'm a fan of using a single utility hook on the wall. Mount it so the hook is sideways, hang the front wheel from it and the rear just rests against the wall.

4 miles down, brogability done with new default for indefinite future. came back and did a light squat work out.

lunch:
2 coffees
1 liter of water
1 proton bar
12-16oz ny strip steak
2 cups of rice

dinner:
12-16oz ny strip steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons

these last 5-10lb to lose is gonna be kinda rough, but i think im up for the challenge mentally. haven't decided yet if i want to up the activity output or lower the calories by scaling back carbs and fats. TBD tomorrow.

Air got good and went for a nice 1 hour ride. My friend asked me what I wanted to do, I said whatever you want...he said "Awesome, you're gonna regret that!" lol

So he took me up that steep hospital path:

Great ride

Last edited:
Nice, i was thinking of making one too. What you use for the rubber mat part?

Horse stall mat. Typically run 4x6x3/4". Bunch on craigs and facebook. Best price is tractor supply but they sell out fast for home gym people and douchebag flippers. Retail is $50ish and some trying to flipping for $90.

I got mine from a powerlifter that moved and it was 4x8. I cut it down to 2x6 strips. A 4x6 stall mat is 100lbs and can be tough to cut. Some use a sharp utility knife and water and several passes. I tried a circular saw and it did not like that. Jig saw worked great.

Plenty ways to make them. Mine is 6x8 roughly and it's 3 pieces so I can move it. 3/4" osb under the rubber portions and 1 1/8 sheathing ply cut to 4x6 in the center. Ideally the center is 2 pieces of stacked 3/4" to make it same level as the sides. I didn't want to buy 3 pieces of ply for something I hope is temporary.

Fresh chain, cassette, chain wheels and dialed in derailleurs, after 6,000 miles and the Cannondale shifts like butter again.

another 4 miles down, onto brogability and 50-100 pull ups and im done for the day. slowly adding exercises into my routine to get more work in per week ramping up now that i don't have disruption from PT or medical stuff that needs me to flexible.

yesterday was:
- 4 mile run
- bench 225x10x5
- lunch: 2 coffee and a liter of water
- dinner: 12-16oz ny steak, 2 cups of rice, 1 broccoli, 2 eggs
- leftover calories: 2 scoops of proton

today

lunch:
- 2 nature valley granoly bars
- 2 coffee
- 1 liter of water

dinner:
- 12-16oz NY steak
- 2 scoops of rice
- 1 broccoli
- 2 eggs

leftover cals:
- 2 scoops of protons

4 miles down, brogability begins and today's flavor of added workput (work output) is leg lifts and squatmornings. ironically i've been bummed out / mildly depressed the past week and my appetite is literally zero. strict adherence to my diet has been nearly effortless :rofl. trying to dig out my scale since i haven't weighed myself in literally years.

lunch:
-2 nature valley granoly bars
-2 coffees
-1 liter of water

dinner:
-16oz NY steak
-2 cups of rice
-1 broccoli
-2 eggs

leftover cals:
-2 scoops of protons

Status