• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your bicycle has hydraulic suspension or brakes, store the bike right side up. Theroretically, with no air in the system it's not a problem. But, there's often a small bubble that'll screw up the system so you need a bleed.

Smoke eased ... back in the pool. Took it a bit easy to not breath in crap for too long.

Found my dumbells so been doing stuff at the office besides push ups And squats this week.

As boring as it is I missed swimming.

Air is supposed to be better tomorrow so I am planning on the full go workout.

Haven't really been active on BARF lately, but still punching people in the gut, liver, and face, and performing bike stunts in random areas. Kaijin MMA completely shut down due to the fires, so back to training at home. Before all this, I got all my students jumps ropes and they were super happy, like, ridiculously ecstatic haha.

I was getting super stoked, because they are getting comfortable with point karate fighting, which is the stepping stone to full contact, and starting them young (my youngest student is 5 - and he's a beast!).

I'm starting to share my martial arts specific "gym" workouts on my IG - one of my fellow instructors at the karate dojo was asking me about it. Everything I do is specific for speed, power, agility, and full body. I focus on movements that start at the lower body, and end with the upper body. 13 years of developing these exercises inspired by Ross Boxing.

Love seeing your bicycles. I was heavy into cycling some years ago. Now, I just kind putt around. Here's my fishing rod mod on my amazing 1996 Bridgestone CB-1. Steel Bikes 4life!!!! :laughing

Attachments

• F985101F-C542-4020-A747-CE0BA924D736.jpg
    F985101F-C542-4020-A747-CE0BA924D736.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_5954.jpg
    IMG_5954.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 193
Nice...! Ain't easy.. I think I would make about 5' :laughing

Back to the full session last night, plus the dumbell curls, wrist curls, reverse curls and push ups at the office. Not enough squats, but still some.

Lost one more pound over the last two weeks... solid, slow loss is what I want at this point. Goal of 210 just 5 away.. then the goal of holding it while still increasing muscle mass will continue.

Probably would have been two pounds if I got a haircut :laughing

Hit a new goal today. Rope climb without using any feet. Feels good to progress.

As an elementary school student, I am convinced the rope climb was designed to embarrass us, since literally only 1 kid could climb it. What's the point of such an exercise for a bunch of 8 year olds.

I understand this. I suffer from mild depression and treat it with a nightly dose of HTP5 and Tryptophan. Works like a fucking charm.

Yes, it does! I've been taking L-Tyrosine in the morning and HTP5 and GABA in the evening for a few months now. My mood is definitely elevated, but the sleep... my god man, the sleep! I haven't slept so well in years, if ever! Not sure if the mood improvement is just due to the recuperative effect of great sleep, or something else... but I'll take it either way! :thumbup

Yes, it does! I've been taking L-Tyrosine in the morning and HTP5 and GABA in the evening for a few months now. My mood is definitely elevated, but the sleep... my god man, the sleep! I haven't slept so well in years, if ever! Not sure if the mood improvement is just due to the recuperative effect of great sleep, or something else... but I'll take it either way! :thumbup

GABA is excellent for resting, try it with a little Theanine and Magnesium Glycinate, you'll sleep like a baby. My magic formula is 3g Tryptophan, 100mg HTP5, 400mg Magnesium Glycinate, 100mg GABA, 50mg Theanine and 3mg Melatonin.

I sleep pretty well and wake with enough dopamine to make it through the day as a human with feelings. Judging from my physique I think it helps with muscle recovery too.

another 4 miles down today, ran it early expecting a friend to get off work by now but plans changed. doing brogability now, planning what tomorrow's lift will be and doing some accessories today maybe. thinking tomorrow will be either low back or shoulders.

lunch:
2 nature valley bars
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz 80/20 ground beef
1/3 lb (dry weight) of spaghetti
1/2 jar of tomato sauce
4 tbsp of alfredo sauce

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons

I understand this. I suffer from mild depression and treat it with a nightly dose of HTP5 and Tryptophan. Works like a fucking charm.

haha yeah, i don't think i need chemical or supplement help yet. i'm just enjoying the bummed-out-ness / depression because i haven't felt it in so long. without knowing sadness, it's hard to understand happiness and all that jazz.

Last edited:
i wait until it clears up since im only a couple miles from the beach, it's bad in the late morning but clears up by the early afternoon. when i went on my run, AQI was in the 60's for all of SF and i suspect it's a little bit better in my area. i couldn't smell any smoke, though i'm sure there's some tiny particles that don't smell.

ran another 4 miles today, then came home and did my brogability without any lifts since everything's a little bit sore.

lunch:
half a sandwich from lou's cafe
2 liters of water

dinner:
16oz ny steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

another 4 miles down, came back and did a neck workout with bands and my mask, might try bands instead since i can hook bands and the band tension would keep the hurt joint loaded. brogability done and did some squats just to work flexibility through positions.

lunch:
2 nature valley bars
2 liters of water
2 coffee

dinner:
leftover spaghetti
16oz ground beef
1 broccoli
1 egg

leftover cals:
2 scoops of protons

Anyone else braving the outdoor right now with all this unhealthy air? AQI is currently 150+ here in Daly City.

Swam the last two nights so yeah. Last night somewhat less.. 60 minutes.

Feel fine.

Work out was really good tonight and did quite a few curls, reverse curls, wrist curls and pushups at the office today. CBD for the wrist is helping keep me going.
A bit worried there.

60 laps, 300 UW punches.
Same deal. 10 laps / 50 punches / repeat

40 UW sprints finished it.

90 minutes total.

Food:
Brekkie .. coffee / OJ / banana
Snack.. dried fruit and nut mix
Lunch... tri tip sandwich, chips and Diet Coke
Dinner...Chicken, steamed broccoli and a salad before dessert...
A Coors Light and a bourbon. :teeth

Most days the last two months been eating more snacks after lunch and skipping dinner. Since I am doing more I am adding a healthy as possible dinner a couple times a week after big work outs.

The changes due to the SIP seem to now be a positive.
Hoping to make it and continued lifestyle change.

A year ago.

Doc said pills or exercise. I bought a Cannondale and lost all the bad blood numbers and 10% of my body weight. Clothes fit great, strength and endurance have returned. It's like waking up ready for a new day.

But. . . wife of forty-five years is now surly and depressed while listing the names of her friends that I am not to talk to. Ever again. (Especially the one who sports the results of paying for her surgeon's new boat.)

Me being a novice at the fitness game, how do you guys deal?

Most days the last two months been eating more snakes after lunch and skipping dinner. Since I am doing more I am adding a healthy as possible dinner a couple times a week after big work outs.

The changes due to the SIP seem to now be a positive.
Hoping to make it and continued lifestyle change.
Great job, Budman! :thumbup

PS, what kind of snakes are you eating?
Had rattler once. :laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back