• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
deadlift day at the gym, just getting back into the swing of things since i haven't deadlifted over 315 in 6 months. got up to a 365x6 conventional which felt fine and backed off to 315x6 for 4 sets. it was really difficult with a surgical mask on because the sweat sealed it and i couldn't breathe through it on inhale. got back and ran my usual 4 miles which took a hit as expected. brogability done and now onto the rest of my day.

lunch:
proton bar
2 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz ribeye (found one more, tomorrow ill be picanha)
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

Back in the pool.

Took it a bit easy

40 laps
250 UW punches.

Only one of my arms sets at the office today. Super busy.

Was 216 over the weekend, down to 209 this morning - it's like one camping trip sent me into bloat-ville: and a quick adjustment of diet and training brought me back down, too. I know I keep on saying this, but this time I have to be real: I'm getting back on diet and dropping weight with hopes to not lose much power. With my gym opening back up, I can finally get to weekend boxing and hard training.

In more exciting news, I finally nailed down my class uniforms - since we are a stepping away from traditional karate (more going freestyle karate) and not affiliating with any large karate organizations AND to not step on the toes of the other dojo I teach at which is connected to a large organization... I chose Cobra Kai black!!!!

My kids are turning into little badasses with every class, and attendance is slowly growing. So stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_6406.jpg
    IMG_6406.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6407.jpg
    IMG_6407.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Good for you D :thumbup

I stepped on the scale this AM and saw 212 for the first time in 15 years.
Not the same body mass but working on building that while still slowly shedding a few more pounds.

I don’t plan on seeing my old racing weight of 190.
I will look like a skinny old fuck. :laughing

205 would be good for the balance of my life I think.

July 2018 a large Budman (255-260 lb) hands off a painting to Roger Lee.
Sept 2020 the 213 lb Budman got a new shirt!

Swimming tonight!! :banana

Attachments

• 36789E41-3247-49D3-A728-C20F554FD82A.jpg
    36789E41-3247-49D3-A728-C20F554FD82A.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Bud 2020.jpg
    Bud 2020.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 27
Shit Bud, you look GOOD. Like, legit...Good. I can't imagine your landlord at home isn't hitting on you like cray!

Shot up to 191 lbs earlier in lockdown. Lots of body weight stuff (pushups, pull-ups, squats / lunges, etc) shaved back down to 183 (no cardio / running though just paddleboarding and golfing).

First day back in the gym yesterday, did legs.

6 sets of squats
5x10 sets of deadlift
5X10 sets of lunges
5x10+20 supersets of half-squats + calf raises
5x10 sets of leg extensions
5x10 sets of leg curls
5x10 sets of hip thrusts
5x20 sets of leg press

Feels great to be sore again.

Shit Bud, you look GOOD. Like, legit...Good. I can't imagine your landlord at home isn't hitting on you like cray!

Thanks Brother.. she is more like are you planning on divorcing me? :laughing

:laughing

Attachments

• khan.jpg
    khan.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 21
4 mile run down, hammies were useless most of the run. brogabilty ensuing.

lunch:
proton bar

dinner:
16oz sirloin cap (cut into picanha steaks)
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

I made some “chi ishi” weights, or what fitness people call today “steel mace” - although mine are not steel. These are old Okinawan karate cross training tools for strength training they called “Hojo Undo”. The old school peeps made them exactly like this - cast stone on the end of a stick.

Even though my heavier one is only 12lbs, it feels like lifting a car.

Attachments

• BF984FD3-1EB5-4073-8905-3F5C770BE498.jpeg
    BF984FD3-1EB5-4073-8905-3F5C770BE498.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 20
  • CE4B9206-B06A-4506-98D2-B75EA5C92A88.jpeg
    CE4B9206-B06A-4506-98D2-B75EA5C92A88.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 30
Another addition to the home gym. I used to do hamstring raises every workout when I had a gym membership and I haven’t done them since Rona. I can definitely feel it in my lower back strength and core. Been thinking of a way to get one in my garage and BANG! $20 in pipe fittings later I got me another piece of equipment for the thing I’ve been missing. I also got a gardening kneeling pad to complete this set-up. Finally get to strengthen the lower back and hamstrings again.

Attachments

• 3BFA2DFC-3283-4FBD-B727-561860636E25.jpeg
    3BFA2DFC-3283-4FBD-B727-561860636E25.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 492BCFF0-C80E-4942-B9F5-0A9065BA8958.jpeg
    492BCFF0-C80E-4942-B9F5-0A9065BA8958.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 20
Those of you with bad backs....I have a herniated disc but for years now it's been under control and I haven't "tweaked" it like I used to...would keep me stiff and out of exercise for a week or more. Well, I tweaked it a week ago...and it's still very stiff and painful. I'm doing a lot of stretching and rolling and such but are there any other suggestions on how to treat it? (short of chiropractors which I am skeptical of)

Those of you with bad backs....I have a herniated disc but for years now it's been under control and I haven't "tweaked" it like I used to...would keep me stiff and out of exercise for a week or more. Well, I tweaked it a week ago...and it's still very stiff and painful. I'm doing a lot of stretching and rolling and such but are there any other suggestions on how to treat it? (short of chiropractors which I am skeptical of)

What has helped me immensely is heat to loosen it and stretch, then cold to keep down swelling. Hot and cold treatment every night. Make sure your back is warm before stretching it. At one point, I will only use warm treatment with stretching. It helps circulation and promotes healing.

I know many people think it's snake oil, and even I am skeptical a bit, but Kinesiology tape has done wonders for me. I get achilles pain when I skip rope on a hard surface, and I will need to tape it, and by golly, it works. I have used it for my back, tendonitis, meniscus strain, etc. Been using it for about 7 years.

What has helped me immensely is heat to loosen it and stretch, then cold to keep down swelling. Hot and cold treatment every night. Make sure your back is warm before stretching it. At one point, I will only use warm treatment with stretching. It helps circulation and promotes healing.

I know many people think it's snake oil, and even I am skeptical a bit, but Kinesiology tape has done wonders for me. I get achilles pain when I skip rope on a hard surface, and I will need to tape it, and by golly, it works. I have used it for my back, tendonitis, meniscus strain, etc. Been using it for about 7 years.

I was just gonna say...then read your post Dion. +100. Stretching for sure has helped me tons. Haven't tried the other stuff. I do know, when I blow an adjustment (Chiro) out of place, it kills me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back