• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 mile run down in the morning, brogability now

lunch:
12 shots of priv
2 white claws
32 oz. of water
1 breakfast sandwich

dinner:
3 gyoza
1 order of fries
1 order of chicken karaage
12 shots of liquor (priv and jameson)
6 modelo's
16oz. of sirloin steak

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

You had 18 drinks at dinner?

Up to 5 X a week, twenty five miles each on the Cannondale. Usually at 04:30. Coffee, banana, medicinal.

Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield, Steven Stills, "Super Sessions" and . . . Yoyo Ma, Silk Road Ensemble "Goat Rodeo Sessions" on the last playlist.

Doing a 70 miler by my 70th, in less than a year, is now within reach. And my bonus is a BP of 110/72 after the ride and my HR returns to normal.

Still waiting to find out if my gym rat step-son can keep up.

4 mile down, first 2 mile at 7:15 pace and pushed a bit too hard given all the hard drinking in the past 2 days. could taste blood in my lungs. ran back at a gingerly 9:00 pace.

lunch:
proton bar
1 liter of water
1 coffee

dinner:
16oz sirloin steak
1 broccoli
2 cups of rice
3 slices of provolone cheese

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

That's quite an outing, Jordan. :thumbup

Makes me feel my age. :laughing

I am feeling relatively sore and tired today !

My dad tells me of a 78 year old that leads 3 rides a week in Montreal, 25km, 40km and 70km. He must be a machine.

My response? "I...did the 25km and 70km this week!" :twofinger

I have stopped using the creatine HCL, I saw no benefits in recovery time or strength, though I did have a slight bump in endurance but it's not worth the puffyness I experienced.

Same and it created significant problems with arm pump/ recovery, etc. As if arm pump isn't a big enough problem on motorcycles.

I felt a little lower back soreness on the ride but I don't think related to my discs...we stopped for coffee and it didn't hurt after that. I iced it last night and today feels fine.

Really need to get the 3rd ride in per week if I want to improve fitness

Soundtrack: The Replacements

40 minute row
Lat pull-downs sets of 12 to failure: 18 sets @200lbs.
90 minute run: 11,900 steps, 102 floors climbed, 5.1 miles
100 weighted leg lifts
60 knee raises

3400 calories mostly comprised of whey protein, chicken, oats, spinach, egg whites, walnuts, cranberries, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, and a slice of wheat bread with Irish butter.

207lbs. with unknown BF% (prolly 10-11%)

Attachments

• IMG_8939.jpg
    IMG_8939.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 26
4 mile down, went to the gym earlier and squatted. brogability now and before drinking water i was 169.9lb. new low bodyweight. between waking bodyweight (175 lowest) and this one, i probably have 3-4 pounds to lose. will start tanning soon.

lunch:
proton bar
2 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz skinless chicken thigh fillets
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
2 eggs

leftover cal:
2 scoops of proton

lunch:
proton bar

Up to 5 X a week, twenty five miles each on the Cannondale. Usually at 04:30. Coffee, banana, medicinal.

Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield, Steven Stills, "Super Sessions" and . . . Yoyo Ma, Silk Road Ensemble "Goat Rodeo Sessions" on the last playlist.

Doing a 70 miler by my 70th, in less than a year, is now within reach. And my bonus is a BP of 110/72 after the ride and my HR returns to normal.

Still waiting to find out if my gym rat step-son can keep up.

Right on :thumbup

70 at 70. Awesome.

If the gym rat is not doing cardio your going to bury him.
I buried my daughter, daughter in law and all my friends that came to my aerobics class. Every exercise is different.

Saturday I did nothing. I was hammered from Friday and needed a recovery day. Floated in the pool for a while watching the hawks and humming birds. Felt good.

Yesterday.
2 arm/ shoulder routines and 110 push ups during the day.
60 laps in the pool with the 300 UW punches after work.

Today shoulder was sore and arms just heavy so nothing at the office.
Pool was a repeat of the same as yesterday except added 40 UW sprints at the end. Those are so effective. Got to get some water booties so I can do more without worrying about blisters.

Going to have to adjust to swimming in the dark soon.

Shoulder still sore right now. Not muscle sore. Screwed up old man injury sore.
Just have to be careful doing stupid things like putting on a shirt or other non muscle engaging stuff. When the muscles are engaged it feels fine. I am sure at some point I will face some fix it shit but for now on we go.

I feel like if I keep this up I will crush 2 of the friends I ride with because I am much taller and 10-20 years younger lol. Our friend who is 10 years younger than me is 6'5" and crushes all of us.

Chest day today.

5x6 flat bench
5x8 flys (Machine)
5x6 incline bench
5x6 decline supersetted with 30 sit-ups per set
3x8 dumbbell chest press
3x8 overhead pulls
5x8 tricep extensions

I feel like if I keep this up I will crush 2 of the friends I ride with because I am much taller and 10-20 years younger lol. Our friend who is 10 years younger than me is 6'5" and crushes all of us.

Your definitely doing good work!!

Taller helps on a bicycle?

Sounds like surgery will be early/mid november.

I am very, very tempted to say fuck it and get back to super light lifting until then. Not doing anything at all is really not cool

My gym is opening back up, down here, on Thursday. :banana

I've put a lot of miles on my bike, and I'll keep riding, but now I can really get into full shape.

Speaking of gyms I just got a paycheck from 24 HR.

11.96 after taxes taken out of my whopping $25.

It was called a COVID supplemental payment.

6 months with no pay and I got 11.96 :laughing

At least I know I am still employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back