• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m trying to set up my own home gym. Holy shit! I had no idea how expensive just plain dumbbells were let alone the adjustable kind.

Your definitely doing good work!!

Taller helps on a bicycle?

Well longer legs for sure help.

----

Apparently people have been buying and selling weights due to covid and jacking up the prices. I'm lucky I got my adjustable ones late last year.

4 mile down, brogability and bench going. 205x12 aiming for 6 sets. lowest post-run weigh in again, guessing from the whoosh over the weekend from the liquor/carbs. got 169.4 after my run as the newest low (was 176.8 in the morning).

lunch:
proton bar
nature valley honey+oats cereal bar
3 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz NY steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

1 arms routine plus 3 more curl sets before getting worked by Work :rant
105 pushups

Tonight
40 laps in the pool, 200 UW punches and 60 UW sprints.

Well longer legs for sure help.

Cycling is mostly about power-to-weight ratio. On average, sprinters and time-trialists are taller than avg because power matters more. On average, climbers are shorter than avg because weight matters more. But of course, there are exceptions to all of it. The last 2 TdF winners are 5'9". And there are plenty of short strong women that will destroy all but the fastest men on a bicycle.

Yall

Let's talk about youngbloods.

Both of my high schoolers (senior and freshman) have asked me about lifting, meal prepping, and generally eating right.

They've asked to start a working out and eating program.

I'm leaning toward simple lifts, compound movements, light weights and good form to start, and concentrating on learning about macros and getting the right amount of protein/fat/carbs each day, learning how changing those macros affects their mood or their performance when they're lifting or playing sports.

Thoughts?

4 mile down, brogability and bench going. 205x12 aiming for 6 sets. lowest post-run weigh in again, guessing from the whoosh over the weekend from the liquor/carbs. got 169.4 after my run as the newest low (was 176.8 in the morning).

lunch:
proton bar
nature valley honey+oats cereal bar
3 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
16oz NY steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

Ok maybe I'm just out of the loop in this thread but what the fuck is brogability? :laughing

Yall

Let's talk about youngbloods.

Both of my high schoolers (senior and freshman) have asked me about lifting, meal prepping, and generally eating right.

They've asked to start a working out and eating program.

I'm leaning toward simple lifts, compound movements, light weights and good form to start, and concentrating on learning about macros and getting the right amount of protein/fat/carbs each day, learning how changing those macros affects their mood or their performance when they're lifting or playing sports.

Thoughts?
Are they in sports?

What are their other physical activities?

They both play travel/premier/club/whatever soccer.

also High School if it happens.

Ok maybe I'm just out of the loop in this thread but what the fuck is brogability? :laughing

mobility and broga for my broken joints. stretches, holding poses/positions, banded stretches/movements, basically old people tai chi shit :laughing

4 mile down and spent 6-8 hours crawling around wiping ashes and fire retardant off everything in the house because of my luck of ordering a budget jumpstarter/powerbank that ended up exploding from overcharging. hopefully will get back to regular lifting tomorrow and maybe with my smell back (all i can smell is chemicals atm)

lunch:
proton bar
1 liter of water
3 coffees

dinner:
2 cups of rice
14oz NY steak
1 broccoli
1 egg

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

Switched weekly training to today as I'll be in Tahoe tomorrow and the guy didn't show up for the frist time ever because his internet is down...so switched back to tomorrow.

Forgot to post, did back day yesterday.

5x8 iso high row
5x8 seated close grip row
5x8 Reverse fly
5x8 preacher curls
5x30 decline sit-ups
5x8 low row

Btw I give myself 90 seconds rest between sets and target about an hour long workout.

How many people record their average and max heart rate throughout their workout?

I have a fitbit Versa that does a good job of recording all of that, I find it useful to tracking my level of fitness. It also gives me resting heart rate.

Nope. Used to when the cardio machines were open because they synced with my Apple Watch and I’d do like a 20-30 min run (4K-5k) and then lift but now...now it’s just walk in, lift, walk out. Stretch at home.

I pay lots of attention to my HR for cardio type workouts - cycling, running, Orange Theory. I even count it manually during hikes, especially if Im pushing due to incline or elevation. But I've never checked it during other shorter workouts like rock climbing or lifting.

got my new apple watch yesterday, the blood oxygen meter seems pretty accurate. on no sleep yesterday i was 93-94%, today after a full night's sleep 95-96%. gonna try to measure it later after a ~7:15-7:30/mi pace 2 mile run.

blood oxygen up to 100% during the run and now. guess it just took awhile since i was still drained from yesterday (interesting that the watch is sensitive enough to pick up the difference). 4 mile run in the not-so-great air down, realized i don't care about health im just losing weight. i'll second hand less smoke this weekend and call it good. was dehydrated in the morning but weighed 172.5. the lowest by over 2lb upon waking.

lunch:
1 proton bar
1 nature valley
1 liter of water
2 coffee

dinner:
2 cups of rice
12oz NY steak
6oz. 80/20 ground beef
1 slice of provolone cheese
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
2 scoops of proton

Got a Whoop fitness tracker yesterday.
Did a work out with it today. Hour and a half on a road bike, inside, just keeping it endurance.

From HR tracking perspective it was within 5 bits of my HR strap, and usually 1-3 bpm lower.

I started the workout within their app to see how that works.
After it reported I burned 915 Calories.
My cycling computer reported 1147, and zwift 1119.
The latter two went by the power, vs just HR.

For hour and a half work out just using HR actually it wasn't that much off.

Will see what kind of insights I can get out of it after a month or two of use.

I haven’t worked out in a month. Probably up 9-10 lbs thanks to some asshole in Wuhan that ate a bat. On a positive note the lay off gave time for my bicep tendon to heal.

My gym opened up on Oct. 1. You have to make a reservation and pay $10 for one hour. So today I hit the gym for a light workout.

GYM
Friday, Oct. 2, 2020

10 min - Elliptical Trainer
3x10 - Military Press
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat
3x10 - Bench Press
3x10 - Leg Raise
1x10 - Tri Press on Bench
3x10 - Cable Cross Over

NUTRITION

During the last 2 months, diet has been:

Tequila
Cachaça
Japanese Whisky

60% carbs/garbage

I’m cleaning that shit up ASAP.

MACROS

I don’t even want to know what my macros have been in last 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back