• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 miles down, deadlifts at the gym, brogability and a lot of hip work to free up the joint. rediscovered greek yogurt today, the nonfat plain one by fage has really good macros for meatheats. the entire tub only has 500 calories in it and it's 77% proton by calories. i ordered some walden farms zero calorie syrup to mix with the greek yogurt and i ordered 5 more tubs of it.

lunch:
proton bar
2 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
diet mountain dew
porterhouse steak (16-20oz of meat after bone discarded)
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
1 caffeine free diet coke
1 diet mountain dew

leftover cals:
1 scoop of proton
8oz fage greek yogurt

Ive been riding twice a week these days. The friend I've loaned my old bike to wants to ride Thurs mornings. So I found a cool loop that leaves from his house. Then on Sat I did almost the same loop but made it harder by going up the steep side of a mountain - almost 100ft of climbing per mile, making for a good San Diego climbing ride. It was a great addition, but I don't think we'll have enough time for the extra difficulty on weekdays. I'll need to attack it with stronger friends one of these days. My SO came on the ride below and she struggled with the 90+F temps.

LJXWp2f.jpg

IO4L6xN.jpg

Last edited:
Step-son said today is the day to ride with me. I wonder if we are going to work out latent family issues from the past four decades . . .

decided to try something, mixed in my optimum nutrition gold standard strawberry banana flavored proton with the greek yogurt and the taste is great. calorie composition is also insanely good

48g protein
9g carb
1g fat

decided to try something, mixed in my optimum nutrition gold standard strawberry banana flavored proton with the greek yogurt and the taste is great. calorie composition is also insanely good

48g protein
9g carb
1g fat

Sounds awesome except you'll never poop again.

Soundtrack: Van Halen

30 minute row
3 mile run: 1300 feet elevation with 25lb. weight vest
Lat pull downs sets of 10-12 to failure: 200lbs for 15 sets

3000 calories of whey protein, 1% milk, oats, cranberries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, blueberries, chicken, bean chips, non-grain peanut butter pretzels cottage cheese.

ha thats what my friend said too, fortunately for me i don't have a problem staying regular just eating the one broccoli a day.

Good choice on a band Beau.

I took yesterday off.. I was exhausted physically and mentally. Fell asleep early and felt good this AM. Refreshed.

Just finished up the Arm/ Shoulder thing in post 4497.
Added some push ups after. 115 total. Guess I should get back to work teeth.

Plan is to swim after work. We will see how it goes.

Brett, I know of a near perfect Lifefitness CMDAP for sale. $5K, but in perfect shape. Beau passed cause he's got his stuff, but if I didn't have an MJ-5 I just bought, I'd have done it. LMK if interested.

Got the swim in.
60 laps / 300 UW punches. 95 min.

Swimming in the dark is a challenge. :laughing

4 miles down, got 4 sets of 16 on the bench at 205 for a nice pump, brogability on my neck done. seem to have lost my lacrosse ball and discovered that my massage gun is still covered in flame retardant. did basic stretches and lunges to substitute for now before finding the ball or cleaning the massage gun.

lunch:
proton bar
4oz. kettle chips ranch flavored
3 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
22oz porterhouse (probably 4oz in bone) steak
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli

leftover cals:
1 scoop of proton
8oz greek yogurt

Brett, I know of a near perfect Lifefitness CMDAP for sale. $5K, but in perfect shape. Beau passed cause he's got his stuff, but if I didn't have an MJ-5 I just bought, I'd have done it. LMK if interested.
Berto, I'm good. My club opened back up and I don't get out much since I work from home. Thanks for the heads-up.

I’ve been doing a few things.

12 stories of stairs no weights 5 times through.

Did it again with a 20lb vest.

13miles bike ride (would have been one way but I got 2
Flats)

And surprise surprise. It’s my anniversary today. Husband came home with a Nordic rower and a Nordic exercise bike.

:banana

Got the swim in.
60 laps / 300 UW punches. 95 min.

Swimming in the dark is a challenge. :laughing

Are you in a full 25yd pool? That's some great distance.

I did a little open water swimming when I took the boat out last weekend. I miss real swimming from time to time.

Soundtrack: Pink Floyd and a bunch of trance

20 minute row
6 mile run: 1800ft. elevation
100 leg lifts and 60 knee raises
3 mile run: 1300 feet elevation

3000 calories of whey protein, 1% milk, oats, cranberries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, blueberries, chicken, bean chips, pinto beans, brown rice, quinoa, cod, and some dark chocolate.

Damn Beau ... ran twice.

My knees say NO!! :laughing

Got my swim in after work.
75 min
40 laps
200 UW punches
60 UW sprints.

Took the day off of the weights to allow a little recovery.
Hit that tomorrow.

Got a little leg / core workout in today.

6x15-20 leg press
5x15 lower back extensions
5x10 leg curls
3x10 leg extensions
8x10 weighted situps
5x10 calf raises
5x10 single-leg press

Are you in a full 25yd pool? That's some great distance.

I did a little open water swimming when I took the boat out last weekend. I miss real swimming from time to time.

It is 12.5

So not huge distance. Still plenty for an OG ;)

I was thinking about how much I have been doing during the SIP than before.

My thought: I am doing 5-8 times more exercise and it is more diverse in terms of benefits to the body. Then I thought how hard are your really working for a 62 yo dude. I thought 80% or so of what the avg Social Security eligible dude does.

Then I thought back. Football me (220lb - bench 325/ squat 400lb), MX racer me (180lb super fit me - see below), road racer me (190-195lb) aerobics and weight lifting nut. Then retired but even more weights and started teaching aerobics. 6 day a week routine. Then the fade from 49 or so... weights slowed. Drinking increased. :laughing. :(

Then I thought .... How does my current 80% routine Stack up against the early days. Just percentages cause I know your already bored. This does not mean a percentage of my strength or endurance. More about effort.

20-25yo 80%(Now) = 30% (Then)
25-30yo 80 = 35%
30-35yo 80 = 40%
40-45yo 80 = 50%
50-55yo 80 = 90% (working a bit harder now)
55-62yo 80 = 125% (Because I am doing way more)

So bottom line. I am 55 again. :laughing

So the most physically intense training I did was in that 20-25 range. 21-26 is more reality.

60 minutes on the stationary bike Level 10 x 5 days a week at 6AM
Aerobics or weights for an hour at lunch 5 days a week.
Weights ( after a year or so I had a Special MX weight routine developed by Mr America over 60 and myself - Gene Gene the arm machine :rip)
... or running after work. 10 miles + wind sprints (40 and 100y)
Ninjitsu classes in the evenings (2) and Saturday's when I could make those.
I still found time to play softball too. Damn. I remember running around like a mofo :laughing

Saturday was little league or MX practice or both and usually after a few hours at work work. Nice thing about racing it continues all year around so giving up some for family or kids sports did not hurt so much.
Sunday was a race or hang with fam or do life.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Talk is cheap.

Gym rat step-son didn't show for our bike ride Wednesday morning. Third time he stood me up and this is after I tuned his Specialized, lubed the moving parts and retaped the handlebars for him. (He is a fifty year old)

Anyway, I went out and cranked off a twenty-five miler fueled by coffee, banana and toast. Soundtrack was 'The Orb w/David Gilmour'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back