• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GYM
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2020

10x15 - Military
3x10 - Straight Bar Dip
5x10 - Squat w/Plate and Oh Press to Tri Ext Combo
3x10 - DB Incline Press
3x10 - Cable Incline X Over
3x10 - Cable X Over
3x10 - Cable Decline X Over
3x10 - Leg Ext
3x10 - Leg Press
3x10 - DB Bent Over Raise
3x10 - DB Standing Incline Raise
1x10 - DB Curl (1 set... just because)

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, TJ Vegan Burger, 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame
• Ribeye and Steamed Rice
• Post Workout
• Cheeseburger & 1 Shot Bourbon
• Coke and Doritos

MACROS

Trash.

Last edited:
GYM
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2020

4x10 - Straight Arm Pulldown
4x10 - Lat Pull
4x10 - Jackhammer Pushdown
4x10 - Burpee
3x10 - One Arm Press on Cybex
3x10 - OH Rotation w/Plate
3x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
12x10 - Incline and Decline Cable X Over
3x10 - Leg Press
3x10 - Leg Extension

FOOD

• 2 eggs, TJ Vegan Burger, 2 Slices Ezekiel
• Pre workout
• Post workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• 3 Cups Grapes
• 2 Thai Summer Rolls

MACROS

Improving but still resembles feces.

Last edited:
I respect the fuck out of you real cyclists

Attachments

• 79830E86-92FB-4970-84A6-AD53DCD63120.jpg
    79830E86-92FB-4970-84A6-AD53DCD63120.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 23
Looking forward to a future safe gym experience.

Today was normally rest day but I missed weights yesterday so stuffed it in late afternoon.

Strength is definitely improving.

I need some bigger dumbells.

Had a good brekkie and late lunch and worked until 7pm so skipping dinner.

My weight has been stagnant. Everyday 212 -214.
Sure want to see 209. I can tell I am still trimming Slowly and muscle mass is improving so stagnant is OK for now.

Not much room in the diet to eat smarter.
Only option there is to skip my cocktail at night.

Not ready to do that yet.

4 mile down, brogability done, spent about an hour foam rolling my hip, butt, hamstring, quad and around the IT band. also did leg lifts and twists. all while watching the fights.

lunch:
proton bar
2 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
2 seared chicken thighs
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
1 porthouse steak (24oz w/ bone, so probably 20-21oz.)

leftover cals:
brogurt

GYM
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2020

5x10 - Hip Bridge
5x10 - Cybex Glute
5x200 Ft - One Arm Farmer Carry w/Plate
5x10 - Squat
5x10 - Cable Rear Delt
5x12 - DB Military

FOOD

• 2 Eggs, TJ Vegan Burger, 2 Slices Ezekiel Sesame
• 1/2 Donut
• Pre Workout
• Post Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears
• Grapes & 1 Chicken Leg
• Panda Express Teriyaki Chicken (no sauce) & Veggies
• 1 Shot Tequila

MACROS

Getting better...

Last edited:
another 4 miles down, didn't lift anything today and just did brogability while folding laundry.

lunch:
proton bar
1 coffee
1 liter of water

dinner:
2 cups of rice
1 broccoli
20-24oz porterhouse steak
1 coke zero

leftover cals:
brogurt

Fourteen months after starting my exercise efforts my blood pressure is in the <100/60 range (after riding for two hours).

Wife is upset, says thats too low for a sixty-nine year old man. Should I start eating high fat foods, drinking and smoking? How do I respond?

Regardless. New headstock bearings and another twenty-five miler this morning.

lol happy wife happy life, if you need a hack you can use a smaller cuff or flex a little into the cuff by holding a few fingertips onto your thumb's nail. i was between the regular and large cuff and always had readings off the chart until i reminded the nurse max dia for the regular cuff.

Fourteen months after starting my exercise efforts my blood pressure is in the <100/60 range (after riding for two hours).

Wife is upset, says thats too low for a sixty-nine year old man. Should I start eating high fat foods, drinking and smoking? How do I respond?

Regardless. New headstock bearings and another twenty-five miler this morning.
Sounds like your wife is getting nervous that you'll get noticed by younger (50-60) women who will find you attractive. :laughing

Sounds like you're doing great!

So, I cancelled my plan for a Due V4 or BMW 1250GSA to build out my own gym. I cancelled my membership at my current gym (been there since 2001) cause it was bought by Bay Club and they've screwed the thing up AND, fitness has been closed since mid march. I bought an MJ-5 in May which took forever to get and then, found a bunch of life fitness stuff a lady had in Portland that's near new. The price was a STEAL. So now, I have one or two more small pieces to add when I can find them cheap enough and some smaller accessories, but after making the decision to forgo the new(er) bike, it's all about a personal gym. I will say, it's been a weird experience working out totally alone with all this equipment. Previous to this, post covid, I only had the fitness tree (shown) and rubber weights/ rack. This setup rules. Surfing the net saved me tons of $$.

I'll never go back to a formal gym now, I don't think.

Edit: I think it's entirely possible to get about $125/ month (or more) for leasing time blocks (The floor space, not gym...) to people with this kind of setup. I give it a 2 year payback with those numbers.

Looking forward to a future safe gym experience.

Today was normally rest day but I missed weights yesterday so stuffed it in late afternoon.

I've got an almost full set of 10-50 lb rubber/ chrome weights I'm not gonna be using much, Bud. almost Brand new. I've got a nice Precor dumbbell rack too. Wanna borrow them?

I respect the fuck out of you real cyclists

LEGIT Mike!

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1624.jpeg
    IMG_1624.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1625.jpeg
    IMG_1625.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Decided to do another 30 days no drinking and went on an hour ride through GG park and presidio with 3 climbs. I pushed harder than usual on the climbs. Also quite chilly out as the weather finally broke.

I did another thing to up the home gym ante.

Rower doesnt have a screen but does have iFit connect. Meaning I can connect on my phone and do a work out and it connects to the app. Decided to buy a 10in kindle fire on prime day. Downloaded the google play APK and then download the iFit app. Now I have a 10in screen for the rower :banana

Other than that, did a studio style cycle work out today and a bunch of weights.

Sweet gym Berto!!!! we dont have that much space but we are making it work. Dont think we will be back at a gym either.

Last edited:
Love to borrow them Berto.

May as well turn an office cube into an office gym since I am basically living there. Need a drafting table?? :laughing

Swam tonight. Daylight waining.
Got 74 laps in before it got to dark to see.

4 mile down, brogability done, bench press done.

lunch:
proton bar
1 liter of water
3 coffee

dinner:
16oz new zealand imported grass fed filet mignons
1 cup of rice
1 broccoli
1 caffeine free diet coke

leftover cals:
brogurt

was supremely disappointed in the filets, the texture is great but the flavor is awful. the earth flavor combined with the iron flavor is way too pronounced. i'm afraid corn/grain/fruit fed/finished tastes much better even though it's probably not as sustainable a method to raise cattle.

English Channel rowing series.

10,200 meters - 35mins

Catching my breath as I type this. See if I can get some weights in.

Ever see anyone use the 180 pound dumbbells at the gym?
You’ve got to have a serious juice history and steel wrists to fling those around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back