• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With gravel riding becoming more and more popular, single speed gravel bikes exist now.

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/03/new-salsa-cycles-stormchaser-singlespeed-gravel-bike/

I had one back in the day. :) I think I built this in 2010?

FAEEEC3-F-41-AF-4-BE5-843-D-45938-D92-C11-A.jpg

Here are my numbers when I first got my rack and started a different program:

Bench: 135 -> 165
Incline: 115 -> 135
Squat: 225 -> 275
Shoulder Press: 75 -> 125
Trap Bar: 275 -> 285
T-Bar Row: 70 -> 85

Its hard for me to progress with my bench and squats without 5s and unfortunately there's no more space on my hex bar to add more weights. Also seem to be stalling on my OHP.

I do a reverse pyramid so I am making progress and gains. I used to do a PPL with straight sets, and I never thought I could squat more than 185 and I was happy as shit once I hit 225. Should clarify that with the combination of plates I have at home its hard for me to make the next level without 5 lbs plates. 10,15,25,35,45s. The jump from 15 - 25 is too big of an increment for me in some cases.

Have you been changing things up?

You body does what is called Adaptability, which means that after 3-4 weeks of doing the same things it has adapted to those stresses and you won't get much benefit out of it. You have to implement Variability in order to continue progressing, changing things up.
that's why you add weight...

Never had issues with adding weight. If you wanna switch things up that’s a different story but you don’t “peak” just cause you’ve been doing the same exercise. Sounds like broscience.

Never had issues with adding weight. If you wanna switch things up that’s a different story but you don’t “peak” just cause you’ve been doing the same exercise. Sounds like broscience.
There is centuries of science behind the limitations of doing the same science.

The inverse to your statement is true, in regards to broscience. :twofinger

The real question is: should I workout today or should I not? Boxing is tomorrow which is brutal. I’m leaning toward working out since tonight is also the Feast of San Giuseppe and we’re doing Italian food, also Fogo De Chao for a birthday thing tomorrow night... shit, I better workout.

*EDIT: I decided not to workout:laughing

Last edited:
WORKOUT
FRIDAY, MARCH 19, 2021

• Shadow Box (thanks to those on this thread who gave me the idea)
• Run in Place & Jumping Jacks
• 20-Minute Run

GARBAGE

• 3 Tabs Airborne
• Banana & Nutella Crepe
• Pack of M&Ms
• Minneola Tangelo
• Egg and Cheese White Trash Sammie
• Korean Fried Chicken, Rice and Kim Chi
• Pre Workout
• 10 Gummy Bears (pro tip: Haribo brand is what you want cuz dextrose, not all gummy bears are the same)

MACROS

Whatevs...

TODAY’S INSPIRATION

Goddamn Robert Fucking Conrad #bromance
ConradShirtless2.jpg

3314612798_37dce6045a_b.jpg

He met his 2nd wife when he emceed the ‘77 Miss Teenager Pageant - she won in ‘76. Age difference was big: 42 & 17 :love

Robert-Conrad-Ex-Wife-LaVelda-Fann-450x300.jpg

Last edited:
My gym set up equipment outside in Oct/Nov. I decided to try it today. God damn I am weak.

WORKOUT

10-Min Row Machine
3x10 - Hanging Leg Raise
3x10 - Bench Press
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat
3x5.. - Pull Up (god I suck now)
3x15 - DB Shoulder Press
3x15 - DB Curl
3x10 - DB Lateral Raise
1x10 - Lunge

GARBAGE

• 3 Tabs Airborne
• 4 Trader Joe Kibbeh
• 1/2 Apple Fritter
• Pre Workout
• 10 Haribo Gummy Bear
• Vegan Meatball, Newman’s Own Pasta Sauce & Bulgur/Quinoa
• 1/4 C Pumpkin Seeds
• 1/4 C Almonds
• 2 Tangelos
• 1/2 Turkey Burger Patty

More to come...

MACROS

Don’t ask. Don’t tell.

TODAY’S INSPIRATION

Dick Hoyt. Passed this week at 80.

He first pushed his son, who is quadriplegic and has cerebral palsy, in the Boston Marathon in 1980. Dick and Rick, in a specialized wheelchair, completed 32 Boston Marathons and 2 Hawaii Ironman Triathlons together, until Dick, citing health issues, retired in 2014.

Screen-shot-2013-07-18-at-10.11.28-AM-e1374157249828.png

Last edited:
2.5 hours of boxing with some sparring.

I think coaching is getting to me because I find myself helping the younger fighters while sparring with them. I did mess up a kid’s face (and kid I mean 19yrs old) but it’s never the point to bloody up a sparring partner.

Been studying Bruce Lee’s philosophy about deception. The kid is strong, like really strong, but I’m teaching him tactics via looking for patterns, and capitalizing off his opponent’s pattern, or making them fall into patterns.

I did get clipped a few times, but nothing serious, but I did get hit with a body shot that’s kinda bothering me. I feel sorry for anybody who tangles with the fighters we have coming up.

Of course, my students will be some to contend with. I’m hoping tournaments start soon because my kids want to get some!

Last edited:
2.5 hours of boxing with some sparring.

I think coaching is getting to me because I find myself helping the younger fighters while sparring with them. I did mess up a kid’s face (and kid I mean 19yrs old) but it’s never the point to bloody up a sparring partner.

Been studying Bruce Lee’s philosophy about deception. The kid is strong, like really strong, but I’m teaching him tactics via looking for patterns, and capitalizing off his opponent’s pattern, or making them fall into patterns.

I did get clipped a few times, but nothing serious, but I did get hit with a body shot that’s kinda bothering me. I feel sorry for anybody who tangles with the fighters we have coming up.

Of course, my students will be some to contend with. I’m hoping tournaments start soon because my kids want to get some!
In wrestling, boxing and tournament fighting the best tool was always learning their telltales then exploiting them. It's and extremely rare wrestler/fighter who doesn't have telltale habits that, to an observant opponent, telegraph what they're about to do.

When I wrestled, I used to watch my next opponent and use their go-to takedown on them, I also knew what their first move was likely to be from top and bottom. People are far more predictable than they realize.

Did squats on Friday after a two and a half week break. Was so sore yesterday I felt like crap all day. Still sore today but at least I feel okay.

WORKOUT
Sunday, March 21, 2021

20-Minute Run
3x10 - Bodyweight Calf Raise
3x10 - Bodyweight Squat

GARBAGE

• 3 Tabs Airborne
• 3 Eggs & 1 Slice Wheat Bread
• Iced Mocha Coffee
• 1/4 C Pumpkin Seeds
• 2 Cookies
• Panda Express Chicken & Flied Lice
• Post Workout

More to come..

MACROS

Undoubtedly hideous.

TODAY’S INSPIRATION

Australian hurdler and ‘68 Olympic 80m hurdle champion at age 17,Maureen Caird.
2029.jpg

Vid if you're interested, 17-year old Caird in Lane 1, Taiwanese legend Chi Cheng in Lane 2, the rest of the field are 1 American and a bunch of commie East German/Russian/Poles!!!
[YOUTUBE]SFw2BJQeJ6k[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back