• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Tire inflator and pressure gauge

B-mtrd

drtm-B
Moto(s)
The Mistress
Looking for recommendations on a good tire inflator and good accurate pressure gauge.
Most of the inflators I'm finding are setup to have pressures in increments of 0.5psi, wondering if there are any with increments of 0.1psi
Thanks in advance.

Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor-180PSI & 20000mAh Portable Air Pump, Accurate Pressure LCD Display, 3X Fast Inflation for Cars, Bikes & Motorcycle Tires, Balls https://a.co/d/5fAC3xk
I’ve been using this one for the last 12 months works good. Haven’t use the AIRcompressor /dragging out the hose since.
Worked really good on the inside dual rear tire tire on the Sprinter.

Don't think many affordable pressure gauges will cut the cheese that fine.
For a consumer device hot off the production line, this one and the next one may not be anywhere close together in readings.
You'd have to have regular calibration services like one never does with torque wrenches.

if you're looking for that fine a gradation, even 0.5 psi i'd say, you'll need to get it calibrated regularly to really mean anything and then be filling/checking at a consistent temperatur

ASHCROFT Digital Test Pressure Gauge: Test Pressure Gauge, 0 to 300 psi, Std Gauge, 3 in Dial, 2074​

I got the wife a Vevor portable tire inflator for her car. Digital gauge goes to tenths. In new condition is was accurate according to my dial gauge. It's pretty fast and seems to hold a lot of juice, i.e. around 4 auto tire's worth. Not sure if it represents the precision the OP asked for, but its handy. And...on sale on Amazon after we paid full retail at Costco.....argggg.

I bought this one two weeks ago and found it quite convenient to use.
"AstroAI Cordless Tire Inflator Air Compressor 20V Rechargeable Battery Powered 160PSI Portable Air Pump with 12V Car Power Adapter Digital Pressure Gauge for Cars Motorcycles JY16P160-18(C2)"
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0948WYSHD?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I think it is 0.1 PSI incremental, but I did not pay close attention to it.

Why? The ambient air pressure is changing all the time

You're going to leave that small amount in the hose anyway....

I use a corded in my garage, double-checking pressure with a high quality gauge. For portable I have an Airmoto - light and small, easy to through in a tank/tail bag.

I use this one and then adjust to desired pressure with the analogue gauge.
Milwaukee
It has been super handy on every piece of equipment on the farm, especially the 4 wheeler. I also appreciate the batteries work with all of my tools.

There wasn't any mention about (the level of) portability in OP, so, for those not looking for tiny, and you're already in their ecosystem, I love my Ryobi tire inflator. (Here's a newer/better model that lets you set and walk away)

That said, I don't think anyone should trust the accuracy of any (non-premium, aka expensive) tire inflator. I've never used one that wasn't at least +/- 0.5-1.0psi off from what my Motion Pro gauge read after filling. Fortunately many seem to at least be consistent, eg it's always .5-1psi off, not a % off, so if you memorize how far it's off, you probably don't (always) need to double check with a dedicated gauge.

I've been using this Husky model more for my bikes/motos at home, it's much faster - I take the Ryobi to the track.

If I were pick up a hyper-portable unit, it's be the Lexin P5 based on seeing it recommended most of forums and reinforced by Revzilla's review.

Why did you want .1psi resolution?
Short answer, OCD.
Long answer, my bike's manual has front tire to be set at 36.3psi and rear at 42.1psi.
I have added equipment and bags to the bag so I should increase by a couple of pounds. I'm sure the difference is negligible but like I said, my OCD takes over 🙈

Why? The ambient air pressure is changing all the time
Good point. Just get a decent quality ($20-$30) 0-60 psig guage with 1 psi hash marks and you'll be fine. Measuring any more finely than that is moot.

Short answer, OCD.
Long answer, my bike's manual has front tire to be set at 36.3psi and rear at 42.1psi.
I have added equipment and bags to the bag so I should increase by a couple of pounds. I'm sure the difference is negligible but like I said, my OCD takes over 🙈
:ROFLMAO: And here I thought it was for some hyper-detailed dialing-in of tire pressures for a track day or something!

My guy, no need to stress about that level specificity! I'm guessing you didn't buy a HD/Indian, so the bike was probably built overseas? Outside of Freedomland, they (mostly) don't use our janky units of measurements. But, since we're a bunch of doofuses, they can't just send manuals to us in rational units, they must be in janky units. Therefore...

2.5bar = 36.259psi = ~36.3 psi
2.9bar = 42.061psi = ~42.1 psi

Don't over think it. You literally couldn't maintain a psi accuracy to much more than +/- ~0.5psi unless you were filling your tires with something like Sulfur Hexafluoride... as tires heat/cool, your pressure will change in the same direction as the temperature. ROUGH rule of thumb is about +/-1psi every +/-10f change in ambient temp. (Not going to touch on rolling resistance/riding situation)

A win-win with digital cordless pumps ; set digital pressure gauge /hook it on the stem\ start ,Wait till it stops, release it. :
no second effort Air gauge to check, no hose to roll up, no tank pressure to bleed & put away.
Very happy \\ almost As satisfied with this product as when I first purchased a satellite map Garmin.

Back