• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

turn signals

kai071

Moto(s)
ducati hypermotard 796
Name
Kai
I was looking to change out my hand guards/mirrors because on my daily commute, I'm in heavy traffic for almost all of it, and like to lane split/filter. However, my mirrors, front turn signals and hand guards are all one, which makes my mirrors stick out about 4 inches on each side. I want to change my mirrors to trail mirrors so they dont stick out, but I would need to change my turn signals.

Basically my question is are fork mounted turn signals legal, or do they not stick out enough? And if they don't stick out enough, will anyone care?

Ive also done a tail chop and integrated brake light and turn signals, which definitely doesn't stick out enough to be legal, but I've not had anyone have any problems with it, so I would figure fork mounted turn signals wouldn't be an issue?

Also, while I'm at it, I know you need a left mirror, but are there any requirements for the mirrors? The ones below are the ones I was looking at.

https://www.amazon.com/Doubletake-M...x=motorcycle+trail+mirr,automotive,328&sr=1-4

You're already down the "I don't care if it's legal or not" path with your tail tidy. Why are you concerned about the legality of your front turn signals?

The law says that the front turn signals need to be 14 inches apart and the rear signals 9 inches apart. That is the only important measurement.

Out of curiosity I checked both of my bikes, which have all stock signals, and the "empty space" between the turn signal lenses is more than what the law requires. That hints to me that you probably don't want to measure the outer edges of the lenses to determine if they are legal or not.

Back