• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

The Arnold doc on Netflix was supposing really well done and enjoyable.

I looked for it last night.. no luck. The search function was not responding so just skimmed through stuff.

I ended up finding FUBAR with the Governator. It was OK. Wife liked it more than I, but still fun for me.

Stuff does get taken down I guess. I wanted to show Ms. BA just the very opening of Westworld so she could see James Marsden after watching Jury Duty. I can’t find it. It seems impossible. I found that I could rent it from somewhere but we have HBO, Netflix, Prime and I would have thought it would be there.

I watched FUBAR though Ms. BA has no interest in the super-actiony thing. I know I am supposed to dislike Arnold for various reasons, but I can’t. I like the guy.

Editing in: IMDB claims it’s on Netflix. I’ll look for it tonight.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22185440/

Last edited:
Thanks BA!

Based on your description is seems up my alley. I will likely look too if, if I get my bike set up done for the rally this weekend.

Need to do it tonight in case I need to fix some stupid tomorrow night :laughing

Stuff does get taken down I guess. I wanted to show Ms. BA just the very opening of Westworld so she could see James Marsden after watching Jury Duty. I can’t find it. It seems impossible. I found that I could rent it from somewhere but we have HBO, Netflix, Prime and I would have thought it would be there.

I watched FUBAR though Ms. BA has no interest in the super-actiony thing. I know I am supposed to dislike Arnold for various reasons, but I can’t. I like the guy.

Editing in: IMDB claims it’s on Netflix. I’ll look for it tonight.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22185440/

HBO removed West World and I don't know why. It's the only original HBO show I can think of that's been pulled.

I mean, I can still go back and watch Arliss, Sopranos, and Oz from the 90s...

HBO removed West World and I don't know why. It's the only original HBO show I can think of that's been pulled.

I mean, I can still go back and watch Arliss, Sopranos, and Oz from the 90s...

Thanks for verifying that. It’s become kind of a thing where I think it’s me, not able to find it. Compared to many people, I am relatively new at streaming, just since pandemic really.

Because it was so popular, I guess it gives them an opportunity to hype it being offered again sometime.

Thanks for verifying that. It’s become kind of a thing where I think it’s me, not able to find it. Compared to many people, I am relatively new at streaming, just since pandemic really.

Because it was so popular, I guess it gives them an opportunity to hype it being offered again sometime.

I just found this while digging a little and I'm not buying this reason/excuse.

There is no set precedent that a show or movie can only exist on only one streaming service.

If what they said was honest, they could have done exactly what they planned without yanking it from HBO. Westworld isn't the only HBO original that can be found elsewhere for free and those didn't get pulled, so...

https://winteriscoming.net/2023/02/24/hbo-boss-explains-removed-westworld-hbo-max/

Bloys said that he talked with Westworld creators Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy before removing the show from HBO Max and releasing it through these new channels. “I think people sometimes forget there is a vast majority of the population that don’t want to pay anything for a streaming service, not only here, but internationally,” he said. “In the same way that Netflix was a brand-new thing, let’s throw some shows up there and expose it to a new audience and see how it does. I think you have to kind of dip your toe in and see what’s out there. I have no idea if FAST is going to be a huge business. But I do know that some people don’t want to pay and are OK with getting ads. And that’s a potentially very big audience and a new audience for a show. So that’s something we’re trying.”

Last edited:
I don’t doubt they want to dangle it for the still free expecting public but yeah, it sounds like BS. Using the example I just mentioned, of Jury Duty, it is simultaneously on Prime and FreeVee. We watched it up at my dad’s with commercials then I just randomly searched for it on premium to get away from them and found it. Oh, one weird thing about that is that I could not get the captions to work with the Prime version. That was very unusual because we take it for granted that all the little maneuvers get you to them. Something about the FreeVee production. The captions work with the commercials version because my dad is hard of hearing and we used them.
Who knows what they are up to…..

Me thinks they're embarrassed the show went from pretty high ratings/interest in the first 2 seasons then crashed and burned in the later ones. Which is still too bad, I'd love to go back and rewatch the first 2 and I was going to get around to 3 and 4 eventually.

In other news, speaking of HBO Max (well just MAX now...) The Righteous Gemstones is back for season 3. First two episodes were dropped Sunday. Haven't gotten around to it yet but I'm sure it'll be just as funny as the first 2.

Well that makes 2 shows pulled by HBO. Raised by Wolves was decent Sci-Fi.

Why would another platform want the rights to HBO's shows when HBO isn't even confident in them anymore? Must be some good contract negotiations. Guess I'm missing something. Still don't make sense to pull 'em. Free streaming doesn't affect pay platforms.

Not sure why they pulled them, but I read an article that residuals were becoming expensive for the watch rate of the show(s). The FAST move may be to get more exposure with original HBO content that's rated lower on the service.

Yeah, I am preparing myself for Rightout Gemstones. It’s funny but I want to be in the right mood. Danny McBride is just awesome whatever he does….but all of em make for great ensemble comedy.

Maybe I don't understand streaming service revenue and costs or at least HBO specifically. If a show is already released, what minimal cost is it to them to leave it available on their servers?

I'm fine with the idea of casting a wider net of exposure via free platforms, makes sense, but what's that have to do with the shows sitting in the HBO library with thousands of other shows and movies? It's their own content, not like having the rights to The Big Bang Theory or The Fresh Prince or anything else not original content.

Given how ruthless and informed our mega communications corps are, there must be some disadvantage in their eyes.

Yeah, I am preparing myself for Rightout Gemstones. It’s funny but I want to be in the right mood. Danny McBride is just awesome whatever he does….but all of em make for great ensemble comedy.

Which is interesting. I don't much care for the cast in a lot of their other projects (except John Goodman but he's old school) but they work so well together in this show.

Thanks BA!

Based on your description is seems up my alley. I will likely look too if, if I get my bike set up done for the rally this weekend.

Need to do it tonight in case I need to fix some stupid tomorrow night :laughing

Yes it’s there but it’s called Chromosome 21. I guess it was the backwards search that didn’t yield. It’s really a great and groundbreaking show. Get out the hankies too because the love between the two brothers is very moving. Plus the novelty of Chilean society which is similar but kind of unfamiliar to ours. It’s running now so I’m sure it works.

Last edited:
Maybe I don't understand streaming service revenue and costs or at least HBO specifically. If a show is already released, what minimal cost is it to them to leave it available on their servers?

I'm fine with the idea of casting a wider net of exposure via free platforms, makes sense, but what's that have to do with the shows sitting in the HBO library with thousands of other shows and movies? It's their own content, not like having the rights to The Big Bang Theory or The Fresh Prince or anything else not original content.

It would depend on the deals they have with the actors/ writers/ producers, etc. As far as I know, WW is made in house for WBD, which means they shouldn't have any licensing fees due. That being said, they're licensing these programs to other streaming services, so there's income coming back to HBO on legacy content. Not a bad deal to monetize where the shows themselves aren't brining any new viewers in any decent numbers.

I’ve really been tempted to spring for Paramount+ for a month just to blow through Tulsa King and from everything I’ve heard the last season of Picard is really just getting the whole TNG gang back together, so I gotta see that. But damn, only two shows? Is there anything else on Paramount+ that’s worth it?

I’ve really been tempted to spring for Paramount+ for a month just to blow through Tulsa King and from everything I’ve heard the last season of Picard is really just getting the whole TNG gang back together, so I gotta see that. But damn, only two shows? Is there anything else on Paramount+ that’s worth it?

Just do the 7 day free trial and binge it.

LOVED Tulsa King👍

Strange New Worlds is excellent

Back