• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

But damn, only two shows?

I mean, it's $10 (for a single month). You can't get a Big Mac for $10.

Plus you have all the zillion Yellowstone stuff if you're into that. (I didn't care much for last season, and didn't watch this season, and haven't bothered to pony up for P+ to watch any of the other stuff).

I do want to see Picard tho.

Yeah the Yellowstone movies are pretty well-done. I am not a fan of the show but it has a huge following. It excites country folk even though the wealth of the rancher is beyond any experience I have seen with most cattle ranchers. Kind of like a new Dallas but in a much more beautiful setting.

I have DirectTV streaming and I think I have Paramount on there but not sure if its plus or not because I don;t generally watch it.

Shadow and Bone - fantasy adventure

The book series is **much** better. The show changed the story and motivations of the main characters, and the annoying part is that the changes made motivations weaker and the story making less sense.

Last edited:
I got Paramount + strictly for Star Trek. Was great to be able to re-watch TNG, Voyager, DS9 and work my way through Discovery :)barf), Lower Decks and now SNW.

Also enjoyed Tulsa King and Yellowstone. I'd say its worth it if you're primarily into ST.

Just finished the last season of Better Call Saul now that it's all on Netflix. Not the most exciting ending but to be expected given all the events over the two shows.
It would depend on the deals they have with the actors/ writers/ producers, etc. As far as I know, WW is made in house for WBD, which means they shouldn't have any licensing fees due. That being said, they're licensing these programs to other streaming services, so there's income coming back to HBO on legacy content. Not a bad deal to monetize where the shows themselves aren't brining any new viewers in any decent numbers.

That still doesn't really answer why pull them from HBO when they left other shows after licensing elsewhere. It doesn't really matter. I'll just pirate them if I feel like watching again.

Does it count if it's old? :cool

I found that Samsung TV Plus has a 24/7 Bob Barker era TPIR channel. I'm addicted...again. So many great memories! :love

Perry Mason in B&W.
First Judge in '58 was played By Kenneth McDonald, tight curly hair, maybe red?
I caught him playing a heavy, mob enforcer in a few 3 Stooges shorts, then see him as the JUDGE, too funny.

Carry that slapstick to the courtroom, pies and seltser spray

Been watching O Mechanismo (The Mechanism) from Brazil the last few nights on Netflix.

It’s a fictionalized look at the huge corruption issues that have caused so much instability in Brazil for the last 15 years.

Because I have not followed the real story, I can’t say how far off this is but it’s ultimately very depressing but with plenty of adrenaline moments yet with almost no severe violence, but rather humans being corrupt to a point then stepping back from the worst.

Mrs Abacinator and I are watching Silo on Apple+ or Apple TV or whatever they call their streaming service. It's a post apocalyptic sci-fi where what ostensibly remains of civilization has been residing in a giant underground silo for a couple hundred years.

Mrs Abacinator and I are watching Silo on Apple+ or Apple TV or whatever they call their streaming service. It's a post apocalyptic sci-fi where what ostensibly remains of civilization has been residing in a giant underground silo for a couple hundred years.

I'm also watching this- it's quite good.

Boardwalk Empire is fantastically underrated. Definitely better than The Sopranos.

First sentence…very much agree. Can’t co-sign on that second sentence though.

I will say the Boardwalk Empire has some of what I think are the greatest characters ever on television. Richard Harrow, Chalky White, and Dr. Narcisse…just fascinating. And the writers of the show absolutely did not skimp on the character development.

Because Ms. BA is back east and I ain’t feeling so well, I just finished O Mechanismo that I mentioned a few posts back.

THis is a really good show if you are willing to do the subtitle thing. Netflix

We Own this City on HBO is excellent as well. True story and Bernthal plays his role to the T.

We Own this City on HBO is excellent as well. True story and Bernthal plays his role to the T.

That was really good. Kinda was the second coming of The Wire. Unfortunately that was a one and done season for that show.

Both 'The Borgias' and 'Medici the Magnificent' on Netflix were really good.
Just finished 'Shrinking' on Apple TV and it was alright.

Back