• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

Black Sails just dropped on Netflix also, that's supposed to be really good.

I still need to watch the last season of Last Kingdom, and then the followup movie.

Blind Frog is a no way for me.

I laughed at the episode of Blind Frog a few weeks back when their first thought about how to investigate a suspected "vent" into an underground void was to use a bunch of TNT on it; then they were surprised that they caused it to flood with water!

I enjoy watching Josh Gates - he's got a great sense of humor, and actually acknowledges his off-camera team often; joking with them and messing with them at times.

Anyone see the Mash Anniversary Special??

It was pretty special. What a great show.

Will get some Expedition Unknown in tonight.

I watched all of Wilderness. It’s sort of like getting schooled for toxic masculinity but it one of the best takes on living with a serial cheater than I can ever imagine.
It’s kinda lip-glossy, not completely a chick flick but somewhat.
Anyway, a psych drama that kept me watching.

hadn't paid any attention to vikings until i watched baytown outlaws (movie). one of the dudes was the same aussie who played ragnar. total weirdo (and i do
love weirdos).

Hi to love weirdos. We’ll have to investigate.

Voice, recognition a?

Typing now… I too love weirdos. And LB.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying Kaleidoscope on Netflix. Great casting and acting so far.

[YOUTUBE]YbArSoOP8XQ[/YOUTUBE]

We just watched this show. We really liked it but I have to say it was quite cheesy (No pun intended!!). I'd recommend it for a fun/exciting/twisty show.

I watched Rebel Moon on Netflix last night. It was pretty good. If you liked the old star wars bar seen with all the wacky aliens and like some good fight it up stuff you will probably like this sci-fy show. Only part one now with part 2 coming mid April.

They killed off some great charactors I was getting into already. :laughing

[YOUTUBE]_rHLOXbFZtI[/YOUTUBE]

Just started The Bookie. I am a big Maniscalco fan (his specials) and he is pretty hilarious in this. I mean, it’s a Chuck Lorre show which I managed to never watch the Sheen one but Charlie is in the first episode.
It’s definitely guy humor, very crude but plenty of funny scenarios. The guy that plays his muscle is really funny.

Last edited:
Late to the game but watched S1 EP 1-3 of Six, the show that inspired Seal Team.

I’m not feeling it. Script and acting not close to Seal Team. Its only two seasons so I might as well waste more of my life.

Watched S1 EP1 & 2 of Reacher. A little slow. Fight scenes kind of janky.

Prime: REGGIE. I'm biased, but an excellent history of baseball and Reggie himself. Way worth the time, IMO.

Netflix: WWII: From the frontlines (2023)

- Excellent vintage footage (remastered). Some of the most foreign (Axis) footage I've seen yet. Well organized and not overly narrated. Lots of survivor commentary.

Ordinary Men (2023): Documentary on Nazi death squads and how men were able to kill so many by firing squads. Lots of insight into elements I wasn't aware of, especially on Nazi leadership (SS) who ordered the killings/ directed. Conclusion: what happened in the 1940's can happen again, etc.

Apple+: Invasion. Enjoying this "person focused" Alien series. Good so far. 2 seasons.

Morning show (yeah, I know...)

Hijack (Idris Elba's great).

Max: True Detective returns Jan 14th

Body Cam

Peacock: A Friend of the family (creepy pedo in the 70's). This one's really good.

I just found season one of Loudermilk. Quite my kind of humor.

I’m always behind on what’s trendy. Just started watching the Vikings over the holidays. I recall watching some other a Viking series last year but threw in the towel on that one. This one about Ragnar Lothbrok more interesting.

wrt vikings (update since my prior post, where i was initially intrigued), got a few episodes in and gave up. extravaganza of toxic masculinity. got to the point i wanted to murder the main character in his sleep.

switched over to poker face (peacock). kinda liking it.

Prime: REGGIE. I'm biased, but an excellent history of baseball and Reggie himself. Way worth the time, IMO.

Netflix: WWII: From the frontlines (2023)

- Excellent vintage footage (remastered). Some of the most foreign (Axis) footage I've seen yet. Well organized and not overly narrated. Lots of survivor commentary.

Ordinary Men (2023): Documentary on Nazi death squads and how men were able to kill so many by firing squads. Lots of insight into elements I wasn't aware of, especially on Nazi leadership (SS) who ordered the killings/ directed. Conclusion: what happened in the 1940's can happen again, etc.

Apple+: Invasion. Enjoying this "person focused" Alien series. Good so far. 2 seasons.

Morning show (yeah, I know...)

Hijack (Idris Elba's great).

Max: True Detective returns Jan 14th

Body Cam

Peacock: A Friend of the family (creepy pedo in the 70's). This one's really good.

Visited Phnom Peng Genocide museum over Thanksgiving. The Khmer Rouge, under Pol Pot, murdered about 25% of the population between 1975 and 1979. If you wore glasses. Murdered. If you are a teacher. Murdered. If you are multilingual. Murdered. If you’re a doctor. Murdered. Prove your loyalty to me; murder your mother.

Props to Vietnam for invading and overthrowing Pol Pot in 1979.

Last edited:
wrt vikings (update since my prior post, where i was initially intrigued), got a few episodes in and gave up. extravaganza of toxic masculinity. got to the point i wanted to murder the main character in his sleep.

Honesty and hilarity!!!. :laughing

Visited Phnom Peng Genocide museum over Thanksgiving. The Khmer Rouge, under Pol Pot, murdered about 25% of the population between 1975 and 1979. If you wore glasses. Murdered. If you are a teacher. Murdered. If you are multilingual. Murdered. If you’re a doctor. Murdered. Prove your loyalty to me; murder your mother.

Props to Vietnam for invading and overthrowing Pol Pot in 1979.

Whoa. I'd love to go to that museum, D. The Khmer's were some of the worst mother fuckers on the earth throughout history. Horrible, horrible people/ organization. The cultivating loyalty of children against their parents was one of the most evil things I've read about in history...Pol Pot should be remembered as well as Hitler, IMO.

Whoa. I'd love to go to that museum, D. The Khmer's were some of the worst mother fuckers on the earth throughout history. Horrible, horrible people/ organization. The cultivating loyalty of children against their parents was one of the most evil things I've read about in history...Pol Pot should be remembered as well as Hitler, IMO.

And let’s not forget Rwanda. I don’t know much about that genocide. Probably don’t want to know.

Back to Khmer Rouge:

“By official count, there were more than 4,000 temples and 66,000 monks--1% of the population--before the Khmer Rouge came to power. A government statement in April, 1989, noted that the Khmer Rouge had executed more than 25,000 monks, including the chief monk, Huot Tat, and destroyed 1,968 temples and monasteries.“

Last edited:
Anybody watching Monarch on Apple? It's some cheeseball giant monster/Godzilla schlock but it's awesome because Kurt Russell :laughing

Also, Rebel Moon is hot garbage. I couldn't make it past like the 3rd samurai. Zack Snyder needs to find a good writer to collaborate with.

switched over to poker face (peacock). kinda liking it.

I hear ya. From the start I thought they did a poor job with selecting an actor for the Ragner character.
But being about Vikings you know going in there’s gonna be a lot of predictable scenes. See one sword fight and you’ve seen them all but comes with the theme so kinda have to roll with it while waiting to get on with the story.

It’s no GOT series but I’m gonna hang to the end.

I hear ya. From the start I thought they did a poor job with selecting an actor for the Ragner character.
But being about Vikings you know going in there’s gonna be a lot of predictable scenes. See one sword fight and you’ve seen them all but comes with the theme so kinda have to roll with it while waiting to get on with the story.

It’s no GOT series but I’m gonna hang to the end.

i don't have any grief with the actor they picked. like i said previously, saw him first in the movie baytown outlaws, which i loved, and he was great in it. and i suppose the writer did a decent job with the whole idea of vikings, but i especially disliked the ragnar character. the writer seemed to be trying to walk a line between a man who was both sensitive and brutal. in the end, he just seemed to me to be an animal that needed to be put down. and IMO a woman needed to do it.

Back