• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

"Gosh willikers, that 109 just chewed Timmy to pieces. I'm gonna need me a cherry Tootsie Pop when I get back to base!"

Mind, I don't miss swearing or cigarettes in TV.

Everyone else apparently does, but I don't.

I think the peril can be adequately portrayed without it.

Watched the first two episodes of "Masters of the Air" and one thing jumps out at me.

Yes it's worth watching but the series has one believing nobody smoked cigarettes during WW2.

Never mind that smoking in the armed forces back then was around 50 percent back then.

No swearing either.

It's funny to see WW2 piston powered aircraft zooming in the sky at warp
speed... however William Wyler's 1943 true story of the Memphis Belle has real
live actual WW2 aerial combat COLOR footage with cigarettes...

https://youtu.be/k6xZ84RWAZw?si=SDWGHj3pe46O7Zoc

[YOUTUBE]k6xZ84RWAZw?[/YOUTUBE]

Griselda isn't bad so far, funny rooting for the under-dog even if she ends up being a brutal murdering drug Lady.

Wife and I have been enjoying Monsieur Spade on the USA Network - 2nd episode hooked us. Clive Owen is doing a great job as the lead.

Stuff we streamed recently that was pretty good:

The Brothers Sun. Chinese Triad gangster meets suburb life and vice versa. There’s a massive amount of violence, but hardly much gunplay. Michelle Yeoh is the big name in this one and she’s amazing in it. Pretty sure this is a one and done season but they did leave an opening for keeping things going.

Slow Horses had another season drop recently. Seems to be getting better as we go. Gary Oldman is just a straight up legend.

Bodies. Limited series. Definitely one and done. A thriller where detectives investigate the same murder (a mysterious body found in an alley) in four different times spanning from 1890 to 2053. You’ll be lost as all hell the first couple eps, but then you start figuring out how it’s the same body about halfway through the series.

And some reality tv here. The Traitors. They’ve done seasons in other counties, but just watch the US one. If you’re familiar with some reality tv shows, you’ll recognize the contestants. People who are good at lying/backstabbing and flying under the radar do well in this. Former Survivor and Big Brother contestants seem to made for this.

"Gosh willikers, that 109 just chewed Timmy to pieces. I'm gonna need me a cherry Tootsie Pop when I get back to base!"

Mind, I don't miss swearing or cigarettes in TV.

Everyone else apparently does, but I don't.

I think the peril can be adequately portrayed without it.

I like a little realism with my historical movies.

Watched a documentary recently on WW1 and there was WW2 footage in there.

Pathetic.

Can't even watch Patton again, a great movie, but they use modern(for the time) tanks in many of the scenes.

I was going to post an endorsement of The Brothers Sun, which I finished last night, but Rob got there first. So consider this a second.

If you don’t mind interspersed chop-socky, it’s very entertaining and pretty funny. If you liked Warriors (the one about 19th century Chinatown), it has a similar feel but way less action scenes. And sort of like a Tarantino vibe too with use of music and outrageous characters.

Still working through Beef, which has morphed into kind of a big moral lesson about honesty as the episodes progress.

I also cycled through the WW2 colorized series too. I never mind a history lesson because it’s so relevant to how we got to where we are today; especially regarding the Russians.

Last edited:
I like a little realism with my historical movies.

Watched a documentary recently on WW1 and there was WW2 footage in there.

Pathetic.

Can't even watch Patton again, a great movie, but they use modern(for the time) tanks in many of the scenes.

If you haven't seen "They Shall Not Grow Old", go take a watch Geoff. By far the best WWI doc I've watched and one of the best war docs I've ever watched. The footage (remastered/ colored) is amazing.

If you haven't seen "They Shall Not Grow Old", go take a watch Geoff. By far the best WWI doc I've watched and one of the best war docs I've ever watched. The footage (remastered/ colored) is amazing.

Yes, I've seen it.

Really humanizes them vs old jittery B/w footage.

A terrible part of modern history.

Yes, I've seen it.

Really humanizes them vs old jittery B/w footage.

A terrible part of modern history.

Also check out "WWII From the Front Lines"

It's colorized archive footage cut with narration by veterans from the various nations involved.

Out of the blue last nite,
Something from my personal lifestyle,
Coming to your home entertainment center,
Only seen it once, was it really there??

Something titled like, The Tracker

Some kind of P I rolling around in an Airstream, finding lost people/stuff?

Really ???

I'm trending, please throw money, , ,

I completed the binging of Reacher Seasons 1 and 2. Good but not great. Fight scenes kind of fake. Why does Reacher have that weird way to handle a handgun? Looks janky. I like Neely :love

I have one more episode of S2 to get through. I just need to pull the trigger and do it, but I'm not in any real hurry to get it done. S2 was not as good as S1, and I didn't really care that much for S1.

Also check out "WWII From the Front Lines"

It's colorized archive footage cut with narration by veterans from the various nations involved.

I think this is the same one I saw with the big global maps that show occupation in red. Really good narratives.

Late to the party, but I've been burning through "Queen's Gambit" one per day, almost done. Interesting show.

Apologies if it's been mentioned...

Just started watching, "You Are What You Eat" on Netflix. It's a several (8 or 12 not sure) week experiment with twins eating different diets (Vegan or Omnivore) to assess how the the diets impact health differently.

I'm looking forward to the second episode.

Back