• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Wednesday ride to Alice's, 9/28/11

sckego

doesn't like crashing
Moto(s)
are fun
Name
Kegan
BARF perks
AMA #3283468
Meet at the Saratoga 76 at 10AM, KSU by 10:10. Direct (9-35) route to Alice's for breakfast/lunch, then... who knows? Maybe 84-Pesky, maybe back down 35 to 9 again, or anything else that sounds fun. Pace dependent on who shows and what they're comfortable with; all are welcome.

probably in..need my :ride. missed last weekend and gonna be out of town next weekend....come on Miri, lets go ride.....

Last edited:
Too bad. Bicycling Wednesday, motorcycle tomorrow. Too many two-wheeled vehicles to keep happy!

Haven't been riding enough lately. I should be able to join, will confirm Tuesday afternoon.

Damn, I've been wanting to go to Alice's for some garlic fries, but not sure my back can handle it right now... :(

Any SF riders interested in heading down to Alices? we could meet up and do the 84 piece and take 1 or skyline back up ..

dang it! I just moved out here and I keep hearing about this "Alices" joint- must be something amazing.

Hopefully Ill get to join you lads one day.

HOPEFULLY?@!#! Come on out tomorrow!!!

rajsf, PM me if you want to ride today, Wed. I'm in the City. I might be doing a ride. I'm at the firehouse now and get off at 8 am. (had a huge fire in the Haight. I'm a little worn out)

Miguel

I think I'm never going on a group ride again! :mad One time, I had a coolant leak because a hose clamp decided to break right as I was arriving at the meet point. Then there's the "infamous" blown engine on Berryessa.

Now, today, as we were leaving Alice's, I realized I had totally forgotten to get gas before leaving there. So I flip around and head back, figuring I can get gas real quick, get back on the road, and catch up with them at the first turn off. So what happens? As I go to unlock my gas cap, the fucking key breaks off! :mad :mad Now, in some ways I was lucky, because it broke after the cap opened. So I could at least get gas. Then I could also get the broken piece out of the gas cap and stick it in the ignition to get the bike started again. But after that, I was stuck, because the piece is too far into the ignition to get out again while out and about. Fortunately I have a spare ignition and gas cap that I can put on there, or I can see if someone can make another key with the two pieces. In any case, it's just another pain in my ass.

God I have the worst luck! As they say "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all". :mad

Dave, good meeting you after all this time. Sorry to hear about the key, I'm going out right now and making a couple spares... :)

Back